• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tacoma autos...

zig80toy

Anybody have anything good or bad to says about the automatic transmissions found behind the 2.7L taco motors?...
Would this be a decent transmission for a wheel'n rig?

Damn it, say something you fawkers:mad: :mad: lol...
might be getting a 2000 Taco today with 129K miles.
Should i just hold out until i find one with a manual trans?

I'm worried a taco auto trans will not hold up well to lower gears and bigger tires. This will be a trail only rig...

true, true, but are these things computer controlled enough that different gears and tires will confues it?

Man, i haven't owned an auto in so long its scary:eeek:

There isn't alot of info on them--you might try lookign thru yotatech since there are lot of taco's over there..

true, true, but are these things computer controlled enough that different gears and tires will confues it?

Man, i haven't owned an auto in so long its scary:eeek:

Hey now, don't get all technical. You were just asking if it would "hold up". :; :haha:

I think you should just have to worry about the power side of it...and with a 2.7 under the hood...there's not alot of that to worry about. Should hold up just fine...if you really like an auto :haha:

Ahhh, i passed on it... they didn't budge on the price.

Yes, i am happy now.
BTW, Jobless, i'm pretty sure it was you (can't remember what thread, but this was a while back) that finally made me realize, driving my wheeling rig to the trail is bogus. Trailering it to and from is the only way to go. Just picked up a tow rig a couple weeks ago.:awesomework:

And Crash, while i don't think he meant to, talked me out of doing work on my current rig. I