• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tellico to re-open???

Re: Re: Re: Tellico to re-open???

aetnarearsteer said:
and insurance is going to get so high that we may lose them as well

I'd hate to know who the first person or family to sue a park owner will be treated by the rest of the offroad community. All that insurance is bull ****, but not surprising

Re: Re: Tellico to re-open???

4equ8umy.jpg

Not surprising.

Sent via telegraph

Should have followed them home, circled around and picked up your trail rig, then go back and tell them what you think of their liberal asses. ****, I flip off ANYBODY on the road with an obama sticker on their cars! :flipper:

I know this is old and has been beat to death. I have been making some calls and getting info on the area and I`m thinking about making a trip just to hike some of the old trails and reminence per say. Take some pictures and such. Really miss this place and I truly hate it for the guys that never got to experience it. SOO many good memories. Its where I took my First offroad trip in the late 90`s and let me tell you when I got there I was in a 78 pickup truck with tons and Tellico beat my truck all to hell LOL.. It was my first taste of rock crawling and School bus was the first trail I ever went up. Holy **** you talk about scared.. Went many years after that and have been hooked ever since.

Id venture to guess that unless you knew the trails real well it wont be much to see. I was up there in mid to late '11 and some of the stuff was already unrecognizable. This was lower 2 then, 5 years ago

DSC03164.jpg

Re: Re: Tellico to re-open???

Jduck said:
Id venture to guess that unless you knew the trails real well it wont be much to see. I was up there in mid to late '11 and some of the stuff was already unrecognizable. This was lower 2 then, 5 years ago

DSC03164.jpg
Unreal

Matt

My wife was wearing her tellico shirt the other day. Couldn't believe she still had it. It's at least 12 years old. I came Down guard rail one night about 10pm. We got lost. When we seen it we were like holy ****. I had to winch my buddy down in his early bronco. Pitch black.

I got to the top of the bad ledges at school bus and stood the truck up and bounced on the rear tires a couple times and blew both the bullgear carrier retainers as I made it over the top. Had to turn around and drive back down it my buddy refused to ride back down with me. And the whole time the rearend would lock down and I'd have to back up to unlock it. molaugh

Only made it there once, in my Dakota on 40s. Wheeled with a great crew of locals while I was in the area for work. Was a GREAT weekend. Most memorable part was coming down guardrail just as it was starting to rain and everything was GOOD and slick.

I think I have some pictures from that trip on another computer, but this is what that truck looked like back then.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 09.21.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-15 at 09.21.48.png
    171 KB · Views: 388
Tellico is what made me buy my jeep. When i was in highschool i skipped school and went up there in my daily driver ZJ i had at the time (little lift with 32's) and played in the snow. Then a few months later my dad's work buddy asked if i wanted to ride with him in his old CJ. We went and did slick rock and a couple other trails and i was hooked instantly. ****ing trout fishermen.

I bet its safe to say that Tellico was what got many of us into this sport. We all dicked around back home mud boggin, playin in clay pits, and hittin little stuff around home but, those of us that got introduced to Tellico either quickly said "Whoa this shits to scarey for me" or we said " Hell yeah I`m Hooked".. I was Hooked.. LOL

Yup. Really the outdoor aspect of Tellico is what got me started. That roughing it / camping / being able to drive to the top of a mountain and enjoy those views experience is basically completely lost in our sport now. Really it has never been the same to me since Tellico closed. As I've already stated, being homeless in a dirt lot for 2 or 3 days is not my thing.

Latest posts