• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tellico to re-open???

Naw I think it really was pushed by the Forest District due to messing up the Streams and interfering with the Brook Trout. I know they have done some studies and there wasn`t that big of a difference once we were gone. The loggers do way more damage than we ever did disturbing soil.

I fish up there every weekend and haven't really seen a difference. I would fish when trail riding was still open and fish now, not a difference. The only Brook trout I know of are in Sycamore haven't caught any in the main river doesn't mean they aren't there. Tellico River does not have a huge holdover rate. Its hard enough to get a spot to fish during "season" as it is. So many people walking down the road with a stringer full of fish im surprised any at all are left in the river after the weekend. I am a DIEHARD trout fisherman and cant get enough of it. So to say "****ING TROUT FISHERMAN" your're talking to me :flipoff1:. I am not part of TU and prolly never will be, I like to eat what I catch way to much and it being a put and take river that's why they put them in there for people to eat.

I was raised in Tellico and miss riding, staying at the cabin, driving my rig from Green Cove to the trails. Miss the long nights on the trails and the obstacles. I go up almost every weekend and fish and hang out just for the atmosphere and the cool summer weather. I rode to the top of lower 2 and looked down it a few months ago, I can still see the trail and I can still see it as it was in my mind heart breaking it really is. Brings back a lot of memories and good times.

That long wheel base 3500 frame with the cage on it was prolly my dad. If I can find some of my old pictures I will post them up. He had a long wheel base frame that he built a cage way on the back of it years ago.

tbacon38 said:
I fish up there every weekend and haven't really seen a difference. I would fish when trail riding was still open and fish now, not a difference. The only Brook trout I know of are in Sycamore haven't caught any in the main river doesn't mean they aren't there. Tellico River does not have a huge holdover rate. Its hard enough to get a spot to fish during "season" as it is. So many people walking down the road with a stringer full of fish im surprised any at all are left in the river after the weekend. I am a DIEHARD trout fisherman and cant get enough of it. So to say "****ING TROUT FISHERMAN" your're talking to me :flipoff1:. I am not part of TU and prolly never will be, I like to eat what I catch way to much and it being a put and take river that's why they put them in there for people to eat.

I was raised in Tellico and miss riding, staying at the cabin, driving my rig from Green Cove to the trails. Miss the long nights on the trails and the obstacles. I go up almost every weekend and fish and hang out just for the atmosphere and the cool summer weather. I rode to the top of lower 2 and looked down it a few months ago, I can still see the trail and I can still see it as it was in my mind heart breaking it really is. Brings back a lot of memories and good times.

That long wheel base 3500 frame with the cage on it was prolly my dad. If I can find some of my old pictures I will post them up. He had a long wheel base frame that he built a cage way on the back of it years ago.

Man that thing was to cool!! I still remember it coming up guard rail like it wasn`t ****...That thing was Loong.. lol If your there all the time, is it worth coming up and doing some hiking? I would like to see school bus, guard rail and maybe helicopter pad. I think Slick rock would be to far of a hike.. (unless I`m thinking wrong) I would love your insider input before I come up there ready to hike only to be disappointed. Also can you ride a ranger up there or is it vehicles only?

patooyee said:
I saw my first set of cut 39 boggers at Tellico and was amazed. The guy running them said he knew people running 44's and I was like:

200.gif

I remember it today like I remember the first set of tits I touched. :)

LOL! molaugh

tbacon38 said:

I don't think this is the rig you're talking about, but fits some of the description.

nhl_bullitt said:
LOL! molaugh

I don't think this is the rig you're talking about, but fits some of the description.

No that's not Dad's, I am pretty sure that is Rick I cant remember his last time right now. Dads was Red he started with boggers on it then had turf tires. That guy built his after dad did, he lives pretty close to my hometown and was always up there.

truckbroke said:
Man that thing was to cool!! I still remember it coming up guard rail like it wasn`t ****...That thing was Loong.. lol If your there all the time, is it worth coming up and doing some hiking? I would like to see school bus, guard rail and maybe helicopter pad. I think Slick rock would be to far of a hike.. (unless I`m thinking wrong) I would love your insider input before I come up there ready to hike only to be disappointed. Also can you ride a ranger up there or is it vehicles only?

I am pretty sure you cant ride a RZR or Ranger up there, I wouldn't want to risk it off of the main road anyways. Mine is tagged and insured but I haven't taken it up there yet. I think it has something to do with the National Forest and has to be sold as a street legal vehicle not converted. I was up there fishing over the winter and happen to see one drive by as I was walking back to the truck, I tried to run them down and ask a few questions but they disappeared. As far as hiking I don't see a problem with it, the Benton Mackay trail runs right through Tellico by the hatchery. I haven't hiked any of the trails myself but I had thought about biking some of them. I don't go past the state line much anymore because I don't have a reason too. I'm not sure where you would park, last year the rough ridge parking lot was still open but I haven't been up there this year. I can go check it out and post up what I find out, let me know when your thinking about coming up and I will try to be around.

That sounds good any info would be greatly appreciated. Me and a few friends and our families are looking into coming up there. I`m thinking about maybe labor day. I have already found two cabins down on Davis Creek road by the old Tellico cabin rentals here we used to stay. I would like to ride through with the family and then one day me and my friends do some hiking. Didn`t really think about bikes but, that maybe the better/faster way to do it. On bikes we might could just park up at Allen`s Gap and cruise down if they still allow you to park there. Print off some old maps and have a GPS with us incase we get lost back in there.

tbacon38 said:
No that's not Dad's, I am pretty sure that is Rick I cant remember his last time right now. Dads was Red he started with boggers on it then had turf tires. That guy built his after dad did, he lives pretty close to my hometown and was always up there.

Yep red is what it was with boggers.. Small world.. I remember seeing another one up there the following year same concept but, I wanna say it was blue. We were usually up there every year for the East Coast Bronco Roundup Fall Crawl.. My friend was one of the founding members and he let me tag along in my beat up ass old chevy truck. Odd man out in a big group of Early Broncos..lol

truckbroke said:
That sounds good any info would be greatly appreciated. Me and a few friends and our families are looking into coming up there. I`m thinking about maybe labor day. I have already found two cabins down on Davis Creek road by the old Tellico cabin rentals here we used to stay. I would like to ride through with the family and then one day me and my friends do some hiking. Didn`t really think about bikes but, that maybe the better/faster way to do it. On bikes we might could just park up at Allen`s Gap and cruise down if they still allow you to park there. Print off some old maps and have a GPS with us incase we get lost back in there.

Yep red is what it was with boggers.. Small world.. I remember seeing another one up there the following year same concept but, I wanna say it was blue. We were usually up there every year for the East Coast Bronco Roundup Fall Crawl.. My friend was one of the founding members and he let me tag along in my beat up ass old chevy truck. Odd man out in a big group of Early Broncos..lol

Yeah Dad built the blue one too, I was with them I would bet. I had a Red and White K5 Blazer on 38" Boggers. Man that was a long time ago it feels like. That was one of the first "tube" buggies to role out of the shop. I will go check all of that out and let you know what I can, I am good friends with all of the local people there in Green Cove and I guarantee they will know something and/or what to do.