• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Texas flooding

This is 59 North in Humble where the San Jacinto river moved the barricades.

HzLHXi6h.jpg

Overwhelming is an understatement. The George R Brown is a small city now.

3WRGNsYh.jpg

My son at GRB volunteering, makes me tear up.

kkO42OJh.jpg

I'd bet 90% of the homes never had flood insurance, but now they will be required to carry it and the insurance companies will cash in and not have to pay out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zjman said:
I'd bet 90% of the homes never had flood insurance, but now they will be required to carry it and the insurance companies will cash in and not have to pay out

I was reading an article on it this morning and I believe it was about 30% of the homes in the affected area were flood insured. The uninsured homes will qualify for some FEMA loans, but it's a limited amount of money and would essentially be a second mortgage. Not to down play the human tragedy, but it will be interesting to see what happens with the housing market in the area after the dust settles.

Can someone explain why a house is not covered for flood under regular ins?? A fire or tornado is more likely to happen and do more damage so why is it any different?

It's about money, if the gubment says you live in a flood plain then if you have a mortgage you are required to carry it, pretty sure they go back 100 years and if your house has been flooded or the property has been then you are required to have it, flood insurance isn't real expensive but when you add it too your homeowners it's a chunk of change together, I agree it's bullshit that it's not covered under current homeowners but they punish you for living in a flood plain

I was out there in 2000 when it flooded, not nearly as bad as it is now but even then they were calling it a 100 year flood. There was an incredible amount of damage done then, hard to imagine it now. Anybody that lived through that one should have bought flood insurance.

One I just took of Main Street in my town. They just released the dam up stream last night. Flooded my mothers place, and mother and laws place.

6a949b67337ac8f9b58229f0d5276b0d.jpg

I'm very disappointed in the guard in this situation. I was driving in some deep water when a dipshit in a military truck pass me on the right hauling ass and waved. It was enough of a wake to push me a little sideways. I've seen them do this several times. It's like it's a big game to them. I then saw this. They were trying to bust a u-turn with the other two.

a3ac6d91c08752f9060613b9161cfd48.jpg

Re:

The Guard helped out during the 2011 tornados in Alabama. 2 times I had to get real with them. They had magazines inserted in their M4's, no ammo. They tried to keep me out of my neighborhood after working late one night. I informed the E4 in charge that though his weapon looked scary, mine was in fact scary, with bullets and everything. The second time, one told me that I wasn't allowed to burn anything in the city....I told him to **** off. He pulled his rifle to the ready. I laughed and racked a round back in my pistol. He left. I burned another 48 hours worth of **** in my yard.

These are kids....some are decent, some are ****tards. Expect ****tards and you won't be disappointed.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

RebelRider said:
One I just took of Main Street in my town. They just released the dam up stream last night. Flooded my mothers place, and mother and laws place.

6a949b67337ac8f9b58229f0d5276b0d.jpg

I'm very disappointed in the guard in this situation. I was driving in some deep water when a dipshit in a military truck pass me on the right hauling ass and waved. It was enough of a wake to push me a little sideways. I've seen them do this several times. It's like it's a big game to them. I then saw this. They were trying to bust a u-turn with the other two.

a3ac6d91c08752f9060613b9161cfd48.jpg

Damn that sucks.....what's the reason for releasing the damn...was it about to over flow?

1tonyj said:
Damn that sucks.....what's the reason for releasing the damn...was it about to over flow?
I'm not sure exactly. I'd bet it has to do with safety. They'd likely rather release a little than have the entire thing collapse and be catastrophic. Just my guess.

I heard on the news that Houstons damn is among the most unsafe and outdated structure in the country. I hear they are very concerned about breach

LightBnDr said:
I heard on the news that Houstons damn is among the most unsafe and outdated structure in the country. I hear they are very concerned about breach
I'm not sure what dam they are referring to. The water is supposed to crest in the morning. Some of the bridges are giving way.
a26fa23f4928cc61d68cb61e2132efe4.jpg

Re: Re: Texas flooding

RebelRider said:
I'm not sure what dam they are referring to. The water is supposed to crest in the morning. Some of the bridges are giving way.
a26fa23f4928cc61d68cb61e2132efe4.jpg

Dam what if you hit that at speed

3d2c33485e24f2c32af7c12133324415.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Re: Texas flooding

ranger11 said:
Dam what if you hit that at speed

3d2c33485e24f2c32af7c12133324415.jpg

No kidding like the previous poat I made. Prayers for all those involved. Hopefully there will be a quick recovery.

At least the residents of Texas and Louisiana did not have this storm happen with the previous administration....

rugger99 said:
At least the residents of Texas and Louisiana did not have this storm happen with the previous administration....
And the one before that done great with Katrina huh.

rugger99 said:
Zjman said:

I see the goobernment as the enemy in this situation, regardless of the current leader. They make more things worse, than they do better. It's the people themselves that help rebuild the community. But what do I know? I'm just some hick out in the woods......

:loosenstinfoilhat:

Zjman said:

I am not saying any administration has done a great job with environmental calamities. I also realize the residents of the affected areas are the ones who make it happen. That being said, it seems that the trump administration is acting quicker than previous administrations have in similar circumstances. Time will tell the true outcome though.

I see where FEMA is not requiring a SSN to get benefits. That's a big FU to the tax payers.