• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Dirt Squirrel v. 2.0 -- Even Dirtier

drivers seat is in. New padded PRP harnesses are in and adjusted for me. Started on the skids. Im using 3/16" AR400 plate. After 9 months (Minus 2 because i was offshore with work) it drove under its own power yesterday. It was only 18" back and forth, but it moved. Still need to bleed the brakes, but after gravity bleeding, the manual brakes held the truck just fine in low range.

New comfy harnesses.

Also had to fight the ****ing lovebugs. I hate when they come out this time of the year. They LOVE the color white for some reason.

Re:

Looking good. Those are the best harnesses ever. And those love bugs yeah I thought I had a problem with the 10-20 flying and mating in the shop. That's terrible. Kill em all with fire. Lol

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind words gents.

Lots of work done over the weekend.
1. AR400 skids are on the bottom and sides and under the oil pan.
2. Passenger seat is in and harness is mounted.
3. Doors are on and gutted. (No window glass and removed the vent wing)
4. Fenders are trimmed (Still need another inch or two as the tires still get in it)
5. Passenger bedside is mounted.

Couple things that need to get taken care of before the shakedown run on Friday.
1. Trim back the sliders to match the fenders. (tires just kiss it when flexed and turning)
2. Install rear bumps.
3. Fab up something to keep dirt/mud/rocks from hitting me in the face.
4. Fix fuel crossover tube leak on the intake. (More of a seepage than an actual leak)
5. Bleed the brakes a little more.

Pics from this weekend. The truck drives great. Everything functions as it should. Got it up to around 55 mph before i felt any vibes from the driveshafts. It tracked straight as an arrow. So far the spring rates and the valving in the coilovers from Ryan at Accutune are feeling great.

Looks like a truck again.

If i dont end up installing a windshield i was thinking about adding a light bar up top under the lip of the cab, you know #becauseracecar. Bought this 30" single row curved Rough Country bar and zip tied it to see how it would look. I think once the top of the cab is painted black, it will blend in nicely.

Added some dynamat knockoff to put underneath the ecm mount under the passenger seat. I figure anything can help wince the exhaust on the passenger side is routed under the seat.

Re: Re: The Dirt Squirrel v. 2.0 -- Even Dirtier

sleepsontoilet said:
X1000
f27066ed4d4f6a623eb1217a5811dc47.jpg

Been knocking things off the list in preparation for the shakedown run on Friday and for next weeks Jambo.

Rear bumps are mounted. Trimmed the front of the sliders about 3-4" back. Tires shouldnt even get close to contacting them now. Trimmed the front fenders up even more. Wish i could have kept the fender flare up front, but the tires would have destroyed them on the first trail.

Started on the paint. Krylon Rust Tough rattle can blue just like the last one. Ill paint the cab and the top of the doors tonight. Its a good 20ft paint job.

Installed the glove box and door. #thelittlethings Interior is pretty much done.

Waiting on my fire extinguisher mounts and extinguishers to come in so I can get them mounted up on the down bars in the bed. Needs a floor in the bed, drivers bedside, rock lights wired, tail/brake lights wired, tailgate narrowed and fitted, rear bumper of some sorts, winch wired in, fairlead mounted, light bar mounted somewhere, battery disconnect mounted, grill mounted, misc wiring cleanup, change out the starter..........it never ends. Hope to get some/most of this done before next thursday.

Looking awesome!

Does that Krylon Rust Tough rattle can hold up well? I don't have a garage/ shop to store my rig in and the paint has faded more and more over the years. It's about time to freshen it up.

the_white_shadow said:
....it never ends.

Hence the name of my build thread! It's looking great though...can't wait to see how it works.

Curious...do you get a drone or bad resonation/vibration in the sheet metal in the cab driving it around? That's the biggest reason easleycrawler cut the roof off of his. Just wondering if you're getting it with the way yours is set up.

Carry on...