• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Gremlin - Toyota beater truggy build

Rokcrler said:
How'd the tires do? Rig looks good on dem shoes!

We still got to ride quite a bit and it climbed some stuff, even though it would only pull 1st gear double low molaugh

I picked up intake gaskets, an oil change, and antifreeze. Should have the spare motor swapped in by this weekend booyang

Oh yeah, I need a 22RE idle screw (the flat head plug looking one on top of the throttle body)

mine fell out this weekend.

Anyone got an extra one laying around?

Re: Re: Re: The Gremlin - Toyota beater truggy build

Mongo44 said:
Last I talked to him, he wasn't motivated to work on a rig in single digit temps. Gremlin is still down...
I can't blame him. Its been too dang cold any chance I get to work on anything.

dmtfabrication said:
I really like the double shear Toyota knuckles. Pre-heat and post-heat? Or just burn 'em in?

Pre heat, nickel rods 3-4 passes

Neal3000 said:
Well hell its not like he's working on it out in the yard, fire up the heater in your shop and do work

I did clean the shop, re-organize a bunch of stuff, move the buggy chassis around, where I can still work on it, and the Gremlin, and give the wife a parking spot inside.

midnight_f150 said:
Any updates!!

Today is my first full day off in 6 weeks,

Gotta take the block and head to the machine shop this week hopefully

I did get a TG header/exhaust since they had em on sale this month, really nice piece.

Re: Re: The Gremlin - Toyota beater truggy build

One day, eventually, I'll get the motor back and put back together...

Gotta have it ready by June 21....

Re:

Well June 21 has past, and the motor is still sitting in front of the truck.
I traded off the high dollar wheels and tires also. I didn't care much for that setup,

I welded some used rim stiffeners to the steel wheels I originally bought for this, and I'm gonna run some 39.5 Iroks that I picked up for cheap. This puts my total investment into the rig back to the level I was going for. It's supposed to be a cheap beater truggy built with a bunch of cheap ass and junkyard parts.

268a45f8609b91bcf01c9ca906d1ab93.jpg

78e80d4061b80b834e7d191a2c515230.jpg

Re:

Rokcrler said:
That's some bling weepow! Hurry the hell up! gotta wheel man

I'd like to say something to the effect of "all good things take time"...

but there ain't nothing good about the Gremlin laughing1 it's all rusty pipe and zip ties :puke: