• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The kid wants a quad.....

I believe the new law states 13 and younger no bigger than a 90cc

its a child endangerment ticket

may want to check into that:cool:

I don't think that's a law... If you're talking about the stickers on the quads, those are ONLY manufacturer's stickers and having nothing to do with state law.

My 9 year old girls drive the Kawasaki KFX 90s. VERY reliable, easy to handle. They are 4'9" and 4'10". They are bordering on too big for a this size quad already.

Jackson has an Xtreme Typhoon 125cc. This is a 4 speed with a really nice suspension system and a perky motor. A little loud... but to get a quad like this new for only $2k is a sweet deal. The crankshaft broke on his first one, we picked up a used one for the price of the repair - sweet deal - long story.

Anyway, we asked the dealers about the age requirements on the stickers, since Jacskon was only 6 when we got him the 125. We were told that the stickers were a manufacturer thing to protect them from liability.

There's no way little crash will last long on a 90cc or smaller.

Make sure he can pick up each end of the bike with out to much effort. It is a lot harder to move them on the trail. I have a friend that road a 250 honda up at walker and I was on my 400 Griz. He kept up just fine (he ways 275 and is 6') so the only reason for say someone will out grow a quad is if they feel the need to go real fast. Personally it is a little scary when my 13 year old nephew is going 35 on his 125. I have driven most of walker and a lot of manashtash 4x4 trails in 2wd. My sons keeps up with me on his 50 just fine (ground clearance is his problem). I would say something between a 125 and 250 with good suspension is about right. I could still ride that size quad and have fun. The weight would be the biggest thing to me. I've tipped mine over a couple times and it is very hard to tip back over (I can't amagine a kid tipping it back over). Sand and loose hill climbs is the only place where lots of power makes a big difference.

Try and find him a timberwolf. They are a 2wd auto and good for kids. That's want my girl rode at 9 and now she rides the brute force 750.She's only 11 but rides very safe. I will see if my body wants to sell his 200.

You know....

Samurai's can be had for pretty cheap....

:flipoff:

Not anymore.:booo:

But I have a Blaster 200 I can let go of pretty cheap, but it is 2 stroke. It does have throttle limitations though.
It's what Jenn had been riding when she'd go. Now she rides my Warrior.

Try and find him a timberwolf. They are a 2wd auto and good for kids. That's want my girl rode at 9 and now she rides the brute force 750.She's only 11 but rides very safe. I will see if my body wants to sell his 200.

Ya--thats exactly what we were looking at for kyle..

but we had to have a talk with the kids-----quads are put off for a while :booo:

Latest posts