• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Punisher Chassis Begins!

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. As for the ride height, its pretty much at ride height now. I am still playing with driveshaft clearance to get it even lower if I can.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments. As for the ride height, its pretty much at ride height now. I am still playing with driveshaft clearance to get it even lower if I can.

You should really try and lower that thing a bit.
it looks really tall.

The height is an unfortunate side effect of top loader axles. There's only so much you can do. But ill keep at it.

Got the rear top hat built so now I will have double triangulation in the rear. Also mocked up the rear upper links. Tommarow, its on to the rear lower links and finish the bracketry.

Last edited:
The bolts look funny because they are just chunks of all thread for mock up. When the actual grade 8's are in there they will go from the outside in.

attachment.php

Nice lines. :awesomework:

Finished the rear four link and now I have a rolling chassis :cheer:. Still having clearance issues with the front drive shaft. I think I am just going to shave some more out of the oil pan and trans pan. That should atleast give me a reasonable ride height. The last picture is the mud bogger version of the buggy :redneck:.

Last edited:
Have you looked at running a pillow block in the front driveline. I did on my cj and it cure my clearance problem.

This is going to be ready for the core event... Right! :D

Coming along dam good and looks great hope to make a run with you somewhere sometime... I need to finish my own build up first though! :D

have u ever ran those tires on rocks?........

I got my driveline issue figured out, just had to shave the transmission pan. Now were working on coilover mounting points,lots of fun. I'm not making any promises about the CORE challenge but I'll try to make it, I will however definately be out wheeling all summer long. I'll post some pics of the progress tommarow.:D

Your front axle is going to move all over the place, your upper links are running slightly outward the same direction as the lowers. When I saw the first pic with uppers only I was curious if you were going to run a true inverted 4 link which would be awesome minus the links getting hung up all the time, super stable. It looks like you could move the axle end of the uppers inward a ways. Just a little helpful info, looks pretty good man. Maybe pictures are just decieving.