• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Punisher Chassis Begins!

This thing looks badass:awesomework: Just got the plans for thar GotTrikes.com bender and now am thinking a rockwell buggie would be fun just for shits and grins. I do have one ? for ya, why only one steer axle? I would think you would want two as the last time I saw rocks out in the trail and only one steer they were having one hell of a time on the switch backs.

It all boils down to budget, I will have four wheel steering in the near future. But right now I need the cash just to get this thing out wheeling. Once the rig is completed its basically a bolt in swap to have four wheel steering.

It all boils down to budget, I will have four wheel steering in the near future. But right now I need the cash just to get this thing out wheeling. Once the rig is completed its basically a bolt in swap to have four wheel steering.

Make sure to leave room for the tires to turn when you link it up and when turned and stuffed. Im sure you have thought about these things I just wanted to sound like i know something.:redneck:

oh come on, it won't be that bad. Another cut down axle a few new brackets, a cylinder and a dc hydraulic pump. I'm thinkin a couple few days work, done.

For right now I will still run the ags, however I know they are not the best tire for what I want to do. So, I'm sure I'll be going with some bias Iroks or a set of Pitbulls in the coming year.

I picked up another np205 transfer case over the weekend, and we have been trying like hell to get motor, trans and tcase mounted in the chassis. Finally, today the drivetrain is all square inside the frame and solid mounted. I still need to build the main trans crossmember and the rear motor mount, but atleast it will hold itself in there now. Unfortunately the ride height may be a little higher than I want because I'm probably going to have some clearance issues with the front driveline to the trans pan. I am really pleased that we are going to end up with flat belly on this thing. Now I am planning to get the axles under the chassis, set the wheelbase and start building suspension linkage.:D

Last edited:
I understand pics are difficult to judge. That said, (or typed actually) it really looks like you may have some clearance issues when you start bolting that motor together. Exhaust, water pump, alternator, etc

Why'd you go solid motor mounts?

will the motor be behind the front diff and the rad in behind the seats?
the chassis looks sweet, and I would go with rubber mounts to keep the vibs down.

I ran solid mounts because I like them. The chassis just feels better to me when you can feel the motor through the entire chassis. As for the clearance around the motor, its gonna be tight. But I measured for all the accesories and left some room for error. For exhaust I'm running true 180 degree hedders, so everything goes up and back instead of down and back. They are really cool.

Anxious to see the front axle location. Just like anything else, Pics dont describe the real story.

Today we finished the rear motor mounts, the main transmission/transfer case crossmember, mocked up and squared the axles and worked on some front driveline issues. The front driveshaft is going to be really tight but, I'm going to shave the oil pan a little more and gain some valuable real estate. We set the wheelbase at 107 inches, and the belly, at ride height will be about 30 inches. Not bad for 12 days work.

Last edited:
Got the front upper links mocked up and brackets built, still need to box and gusset them but they're in the right spot anyway. Next is the front lowers and a new tie rod.

Last edited:
Just curious, is the axle located at the highest point of upward travel?

Looks like ride hieght to me. . . atleast I hope cause if thats full bump then that thing is gonna be ubber tall!!!

The lines are damn sexy tho!!! I loved the old truck was sad to see ya chop it up!!! Cant wait to see this finished tho, its gonna be fawking killer:cool: