• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The red GMC truggy with rear steer (extra cab)

Re:

4 wheeler was totaled that is why the repair bill is higher than the cost of a new one. Bent the frame to a point it needed replaced.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Re:

InDaShop said:
I've backed a tire onto a "K" rail at an angle, and only realized it when I was at the last few inches from the top. Torque + travel + no mirror
Just saying its a lot easier than you think.

nwflyj had a Dodge 2500 extended cab (just the cab) sitting on the ground in our shop yard once. I was backing my buggy out in 2wd, forgot it was there, and had a rear tire up the driver door and on the roof in less than a second, did not mean to, just forgot it was back there. Happened so fast there was nothing I could have done to stop it. The driver rear tire just contacted and popped right up, never broke traction. I wish I could get tires to stick to rocks like that out on the trail!

Re: Re: The red GMC truggy with rear steer (extra cab)

BJMcummins said:
Ok good luck
There's usually three sides to every story, the two party's involved, then the truth. This, ^^^^^^, just told me all I needed to know to form an opinion. There were several different ways to handle this situation the "right" way.

rednecklights said:
Wow !

That's impressive a park owner would step up and take care of a situation like that.

I have only been to aop one time but for this kind action I will make it a point to make the trip a few times in the near future

badass! stuff like this makes me want to go out of my way and wheel there to help support the park even more! :dblthumb:

BJMcummins said:
This is another thing be realistic if you buy something it's not worth more if something happens too it is it

The ticket literally says "better to replace it" which is the definition of totaled.

No one expects you to pay for more than a new one. Just to replace what you destroyed through negligence.

Ok. Here I go. I've never made a post on a thread like this but hell.....first time for everything.

BJMcummins.......you know what you are.....I don't need to say anymore.

On Aug 15th you backed over a 4 wheeler at the AOP. This 4 wheeler belonged to a 8 year old that was on his first wheeling trip ever. His parents had brought him from Florida. The little man rode it to the top of the mountain and parked it. I can't imagine how proud he was feeling after doing that and then watching a badass hill climb. However, when he returned his rig was destroyed. How do you think he felt then.....witnesses state he was devastated. Now......not being a man of any kind you hauled tail down the hill. No less that 3 people got pics of you doing the deed. I learned of the incident late that night from pics posted on the book of faces. Not knowing the vehicle I put it out to several friends and they told me that you was still camped out at the AOP. The morning of the 16th we waited for you to get out of bed and confronted you about it. You did not find us....we found you. You gave us your contact info and said you would make it right.

On Aug 17th I replied to the mother who had left me a nasty email concerning my event. She was upset and had every reason to be. I apologized to her and passed on the contact information that you supplied as well as my personal contact and stated if you didn't come thru that I would. They contacted you by phone and you indicated that you would take care of it.....just send the quote of repairs.

On Aug 22nd they sent you the repair bill. The repair bill was actually more that the cost of a new one.....how does this work you ask.....any dealership makes more off repair than the sale of any new machine. You was told it was cheaper to replace than repair at the $3720.00 new cost.

On Aug 27th you responded you couldn't open the attachment.

On Aug 28th it was sent to you again.

As of Sept 8th when I spoke with the parents again you had not responded.

On Sept 11th they received a $500 check from you. No explanation......no anything. They refused to cash the check.

The parents repeatedly tried to contact you to see what was up. Nothing. Either by email or phone.

They called me again yesterday the 22nd as I was driving to the AOP and told me of the situation. At that time I instructed them to not worry about it anymore.....I had the little man covered. Approximately 40 minutes later I was in a Polaris dealer and purchased a brand new one for him. The little man will return on Oct 10th at the final bounty and I will give it to him personally. Many people have come forward and offered to make a donation to help me cover it and I really do appreciate that. I take comfort in knowing that every jackass that gets into offroading is not like you BJMcummins. That little man was never going to go on another offroad trip without his own rig if I could help it.

P.S. John G.....please note I have never blasted anyone and probably never will again......don't lock me out......I do need this account

Tom you are awesome!! Attended your park one time discovered it was an awesome place and even spoke to you that night it was the crawling for reid event. Assure you I will make all attempts to be at any event you hold at your park and I myself will offer a donation toward what you have done for this kid! Surely you will not get locked out of this forum for speaking your opinion and doing what's right!!

Re:

I will be hauling my junk to AOP in the forseeable future and will be bringing friends. You sir are a damn stand up dude!! Thank you for helping make our community better.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

adventureoffroadpark said:
.....I had the little man covered. Approximately 40 minutes later I was in a Polaris dealer and purchased a brand new one for him. The little man will return on Oct 10th at the final bounty and I will give it to him personally.

hats off to you sir. that's freakin awesome!!!

adventureoffroadpark said:
P.S. John G.....please note I have never blasted anyone and probably never will again......don't lock me out......I do need this account

No worries there, all seems in line in this thread to me. Now, if BJMcummins does not come through, let me know and I'll ban him from this site forever.

If johnG would ban you, then we'd just have to get LandSpeeder to ban him. Good on ya for stepping up, even if it wasn't your wrong doing. I bet that kid is going to be even happier this time around.

Well I don't see a reason for him to be banned for a ACCIDENT hell other people said he's a stand up guy and he's good with kids. He did send them a check. 500 isn't much but it's a damn good start. If my **** got bashed by somebody else at a public park I'm not gonna expect them to pay for the damages. The aop guy is a stand up guy seems like for replacing the 4 wheeler but it wasn't his responsibility and neither was it cab truck guy not everybody has money they can go drop on a brand new 4 wheeler. Just my 3 cents. And when you sign a waiver at aop does it not say their not responsible for property damage? Seems like it would. If their not responsible I don't see how cab truck guy would be. I hate that the kid got his feelings crushed but it's life. He got a brand new one out of the deal probably better than the one he had. And hats off to the guys trying to donate......kid got a ride. End of story. And if the guy gets banned from hardline that's BULLSHIT

Jpyke15 said:
Well I don't see a reason for him to be banned for a ACCIDENT hell other people said he's a stand up guy and he's good with kids. He did send them a check. 500 isn't much but it's a damn good start. If my **** got bashed by somebody else at a public park I'm not gonna expect them to pay for the damages. The aop guy is a stand up guy seems like for replacing the 4 wheeler but it wasn't his responsibility and neither was it cab truck guy not everybody has money they can go drop on a brand new 4 wheeler. Just my 3 cents. And when you sign a waiver at aop does it not say their not responsible for property damage? Seems like it would. If their not responsible I don't see how cab truck guy would be. I hate that the kid got his feelings crushed but it's life. He got a brand new one out of the deal probably better than the one he had. And hats off to the guys trying to donate......kid got a ride. End of story. And if the guy gets banned from hardline that's BULLSHIT

I think you missed parts of the discussion.

Anyway, if someone ran over your rig and say, cut a tire, or hell, ran into your tow rig and smashed it up, would you just say "oh well it was an accident at an Offroad park :dunno:"

Cab truck guy isn't going to get banned from anthing because he ran over the kids 4wheeler...

I've got a way we can all show apreaciation to to Tom. Pick up your trash and any ones that leave it on the trail. This is a small thing that doesn't cost a thing.