• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Reiter build thread

......since we all know everyone will stay on the trail and follow the rules :awesomework:

I doubt anyone has this delusion. The best we can do is limit the possibility with BADASS trails that keep the wanderer from wandering for a challenge.:awesomework:

Wow no wonder nothing gets done

Here is some production numbers
If we build roads a road 10ft wide with 1 ft of rock is .37 yds of material per ft
Or 1 yd of material per 3 ft of road
A track dump can haul 8 yds of material or 27 ft of road per load
At a load interval of 1 load every 5 minutes or 320 ft per hour or 2560 ft per day
With delays in trucking of material to the job site and breakdowns I figure 2 miles a week

So on my math that is 4 weeks for 8 miles of base
But all of the trail doesn

That's all fine except we aren't building roads. I think you missed the important part of my question below...

Nope I did not miss read your post. :beer:

there is no differance between a road and a trail by their stanards except for the final product that we want to have
I think before you start spouting production numbers lets wait till the trail spects come out:awesomework:

How about THESE standards??? :corn:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sounds like they need to stop worying about our trails get off thair asses and start building thairs or use what they already got:stirpot:

I had to take a buddy to Sea-Tac today, so I decided to go to Oly4x4, and after that, it was still early and I haven't everbeen to Reiter, So i decided to go hike around. I hiked around the first 4wd area, the flatter area. I took some shitty cellular device pics, so deal with it:flipoff:.

I went in covertly,
l_7b2c57b369894a4d9258218fd563dfe2.jpg

pretended to take pictures of flowers,
l_f06a34ab3aaa41488691fcb3d5faeb5f.jpg

l_e06d548ee41240a2b991e739bc46a851.jpg

and pretended to graze on Salmon Berries
l_3621eee6f0fa405eb3b74a0429fae282.jpg

and I managed to explore the first motorized area without being discovered

I found out quite a bit of info on the area from just walking around.

First off, the first motorized area is not that big, it is flat, and has ~20 year old timber making up the upper portion of it, and large 60+ year old timber making up the lower portion of it.

There is very little natural rock, and bed rock is deep. There are no flowing streams in this area.

The soil is a type of soil that drains very well. It is at least 6ft+ deep, this means that it will drain very well.
l_e92dbdb9bcb74a91b7c7b5e219d08707.jpg

I found a obsticle that could be fun
l_01c7e1bfd92b4da9a2b4a4962474faa3.jpg

l_dee1c8ebfe7d4fceb6e5b95d0102453f.jpg

I also found a lot of damage to the timber in the first 4x4 area. It was caused by porcupines! Never seen so many dead/dying trees in such a small area caused by porcupines!
l_1b1b9fc6f1fe4a5c83b62c495ede36a6.jpg

l_3a026adce5ee468ea2e8fe46c59c4c81.jpg

I also found this sign near the Deer creek gate.

l_514d512f83d5464dbdc05d969d2ebb31.jpg

I remember a discussion on this, that DNR had to consider this trash, correct? I believe that when we as ORV volunteers do cleanups, maintnence, we should do the same thing.

I have found 3 trees debarked so far out there.

Bears will either use it for territorial reasons or they are after the layer between the bark and the tree--its supposed to be delicious to a bear.

Hi All:

Jack & I noticed the de-barked trees as well while out on the trail marking work party. Assumed it was from deer bucks rubbing the velvet off of their newly grown antlers.

Regards,

Alan

In section 1 ther is about 20 to 30 trees that have been debarked from deer and bears. Signs of deer all over the place and if you are in the area enough you will see them. The bear David and I have been looking for it for a couple of weeks. David finally last week said he saw it standing in the road.

Personally I think it is bugfoot doing it:awesomework:

Personally it looks like a porcupine to me, there were small claw marks in a piece of bark at the base of one of the trees. Also, the teeth marks look much like a porcupine. Although, it seems that porcupines usually eat all the way around the tree, and up about 8 feet.

Alan, I dont think these were deer. Usually deer use smaller alders to rub thier velvet off. Plus I could see teeth and claw marks.

I also found right by the gate where someone had debarked a cedar tree.

Personally it looks like a porcupine to me, there were small claw marks in a piece of bark at the base of one of the trees. Also, the teeth marks look much like a porcupine. Although, it seems that porcupines usually eat all the way around the tree, and up about 8 feet.

Alan, I dont think these were deer. Usually deer use smaller alders to rub thier velvet off. Plus I could see teeth and claw marks.

The cedars seam to be the one tree that they are picking on the most

I saw one there too, it even had names carved in it. Musta been a edjumcated bear. :haha: