• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Reiter build thread

You gotta remember this is a big weekend and alot of folks are busy getting ready or gone charlie :awesomework:
Ya I know I am just trying to get it out there and keep it fresh in everyones mind that we are going foward at a rapid rate :cheer:

I just don't want any one to feel left out of the decision making or feel that there input wasn't taken or questians answered.

I want the would of, could of, should of out of the way

My question is what would the production rate be to build 8 miles of trail to enviro-eco-nazi standards?....At a average of 100 yards per work day and 14080 yard in 8 miles.......That would be 141 work days.....Assuming we worked 52 weekends a year:)rolleyes:) it would take nearly a year and a half..........:booo:

My question is what would the production rate be to build 8 miles of trail to enviro-eco-nazi standards?....At a average of 100 yards per work day and 14080 yard in 8 miles.......That would be 141 work days.....Assuming we worked 52 weekends a year:)rolleyes:) it would take nearly a year and a half..........:booo:

But thats looking at one party doing one thing at a time.

I am pretty sure the trails will be built in steps as grants come through.

Plus some aspects we have been looking at (man made) will require the DNR to get bids from company's so you will have a process to go through there.

Beisdes the work alone there will be time waiting....

Beisdes the work alone there will be time waiting....

Exactly!.......The production rate is just a average but the point is it will take a very long time to build 8 miles of trail with the standards we have to meet and the hoops we have to jump through.:booo:

Being a "outsider" looking in. The Map looks like too much cramed into to small of a area. I would wonder how long it will take befor people make shortcuts between trails and the whole area starts to look like a free for all play area.

Exactly!.......The production rate is just a average but the point is it will take a very long time to build 8 miles of trail with the standards we have to meet and the hoops we have to jump through.:booo:

I don't think anybody figured it would be fast and simple :awesomework:

Being a "outsider" looking in. The Map looks like too much cramed into to small of a area. I would wonder how long it will take befor people make shortcuts between trails and the whole area starts to look like a free for all play area.

New concept. Its what happens when you have younger blood trying to change the course of what it.:awesomework:

New concept. Its what happens when you have younger blood trying to change the course of what it.:awesomework:

Oh dont give me that younger crap :kissmyass: you aint no kid yourself. I know the scale is differant. In real life it just looks on the map to be a lot crammed into a small area.

Oh dont give me that younger crap :kissmyass: you aint no kid yourself. I know the scale is differant. In real life it just looks on the map to be a lot crammed into a small area.

:redneck::redneck:

Ok--its what happens when folks who have never ridden on wooden wheels designs a trail system :redneck:

What existing trail system design makes it impossible for ".....people to make shortcuts between trails....."???

Anyone? Anyone?........ok then.:;

In reality, there is no reasonable way to limit off-trail travel. If someone is going to be a trail blazer, there is little a trail design can do to limit that.

The best way to limit off-the-trail travel is to have people on the ground to help stop these types of folks.

Plus, more awsome trails, with more connecting points = less reason for off trail travel.

I think its an EXCELENT concept and Charlie--I like the map esp since I got a chance to walk most those areas :awesomework:

One thing its going to take is the fact volunteer's will be needed not only through the building process but once its completed.

Wow no wonder nothing gets done

Here is some production numbers
If we build roads a road 10ft wide with 1 ft of rock is .37 yds of material per ft
Or 1 yd of material per 3 ft of road
A track dump can haul 8 yds of material or 27 ft of road per load
At a load interval of 1 load every 5 minutes or 320 ft per hour or 2560 ft per day
With delays in trucking of material to the job site and breakdowns I figure 2 miles a week

So on my math that is 4 weeks for 8 miles of base
But all of the trail doesn

It is all about trail design. if you look at the map the lines on the map are almost 50' wide

trail design will contain most rigs

More to come on that later but for now lets just stay on trail coridor design

For the 4x4s it is about 1 mile of trail for every 25 acres

Last edited:
Here is some more interesting facts
Impervious areas only takes up 6.8% of area 1 and 2
That is parking, camping and trails
In this calculation I didn

I like it Charlie!!!:cheer: Can't wait to come down and help out with the building process when I can!

attachment.php

Bump to the middle of the thread!!!:D

:redneck::redneck:

Ok--its what happens when folks who have never ridden on wooden wheels designs a trail system :redneck:

Hey now ... Only the spokes were wood the rim was steel :awesomework:

Seriously though it looks great. It was just a observation since we all know everyone will stay on the trail and follow the rules :awesomework: