• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The Reiter build thread

Here is a satilite view of the area:
l_fb4c603cb79c40ccaabb09caa2138d67.jpg

Here is a 3D view of the area for those that are topigraphically impaired or don't know the area well.
l_987b0eac2f9e4d768afbe4d55afa289b.jpg

Nowires, I was wondering if I could get a good topo map outlining the second 4x4 area, that way, I can draw up some more ariel and 3D maps.

*****ok crazy idea*******

Have they thought about just getting a few groups/rigs together and let them blaze a trail?

Get a few buggies together and give them a map that says you have to stay within these lines but make a trail?

Same for stock and other rigs?

I know at UW they didnt put sidewalks in at first. They let the students walk where they wanted to and it shows where people go. After a year or so they put the side walks in where people walk. There are very few places where the grass is dead.

So give theses groups a weekend to make trails and then those become the basic trail system? with improvement over time?

This would take a weekend or 2 and there would be a trail system that would be completely volunteer created and would not cost DNR much at all.

I know crazy idea, I am going to go and hide for a while.

Have they thought about just getting a few groups/rigs together and let them blaze a trail?

Get a few buggies together and give them a map that says you have to stay within these lines but make a trail?

I know at UW they didnt put sidewalks in at first. They let the students walk where they wanted to and it shows where people go. After a year or so they put the side walks in where people walk. There are very few places where the grass is dead.

So give theses groups a weekend to make trails and then those become the basic trail system? with improvement over time?

This would take a weekend or 2 and there would be a trail system that would be completely volunteer created and would not cost DNR much at all.

I was kinda thinkin of that. But knowin how the DNR works, everything has to be planned.

Hell yea, I'll volunteer for the night shift.:D

We can not build a trail with out a permit and we can not get a permit with out having a trail plan...

I was kinda thinkin of that. But knowin how the DNR works, everything has to be planned.

So put up some boundry marks. The trail builders would just have to stay with in the coridors that are set up.

But I guess this is kind of what we will be doing next weekend, but just on foot.

I like Ty's idea of the stick and steering wheel. I might have to do something similar

And pass a site specific SEPA review before it's used.:rolleyes:

So more ideas.

IF we where given a foot ball field sized area to build. All we had to do was stay with in the lines around the field. What could we do within the field? Would that be enough for SEPA aproval? or do they need to know more then that?