main.php

rubicon_02.jpg

124.%20A%20Rock%20Crawler%20Toyota%20over%20the%20same%20section..jpg

Gatekeepers:
GateKeeperJune2005.jpg

main.php

rubicon_02.jpg

124.%20A%20Rock%20Crawler%20Toyota%20over%20the%20same%20section..jpg

THose are great! Only question I have is when they get wet and slick and all th soil at the base of the rocks gets moved or thrown from tires what are you going to do?

The first and second pictures the rocks are large enough they are not likely to be moved.

The third and forth picture rocks have the posibility of being moved over time.

THose are great! Only question I have is when they get wet and slick and all th soil at the base of the rocks gets moved or thrown from tires what are you going to do?

The first and second pictures the rocks are large enough they are not likely to be moved.

The third and forth picture rocks have the posibility of being moved over time.

Anchor em down somehow? Log/steel poles in the ground about 3 feet to help the rock to keep from moving. You could also put cables over the top of it and anchor them down.

You could also use 3-4" steel/concrete posts to make a gatekeeper.

Anchor em down somehow? Log/steel poles in the ground about 3 feet to help the rock to keep from moving. You could also put cables over the top of it and anchor them down.

You could also use 3-4" steel/concrete posts to make a gatekeeper.

Steel poles if exposed will be tire cuters and how would they hold a rock in place?

Cable over the top of the rock will get broken by belly pans and other things draging over it or torn out when getting winched over.

Please post of more ideas by all means.

Steel poles if exposed will be tire cuters and how would they hold a rock in place?

Cable over the top of the rock will get broken by belly pans and other things draging over it or torn out when getting winched over.

Please post of more ideas by all means.

Negative Nancy:flipoff:

Ya could use logs stuck into the ground to help hold the rock in place.

Or,
Ya could go hardcore, build your own rock, using cement, and bury it. So its kinda shaped like this.

(O)_ ground level
\/

You could also just bury half a huge ass rock.

You could cable/stake a large (16-18" diameter for an extreme trail) tree down to help control what the necessary height for a belly pan needed for the trail. You could put several of those in a row, so people with lesser built rigs can't just hammer down and jump it (I can already see a video of $$$ doing it now:redneck::haha:)

l l <trail sides, trail running up and down
l l
l-l <log
l l

You could also try an control the diff clearnce neccesary on a trail by laying several 8-10" diameter logs lengthwise along the trail and staking/cabling/chaining them down.

To control the roof height of a rig (so ya don't get some big gay mud truck going down an expert trail just because he has 44's) you could tie a railroad track/tree inbetween two tree's that are on either side of the trail. You could set it at like 7 or 8 feet.

Feel free to add to these idea's or tell me what you don't like about em, or what could/would go wrong. I have me flamer, I mean, flame suit ready.:cheer::redneck:

And yes, I am bored how'd ya know?:haha::flipoff:

Last edited:
Negative Nancy:flipoff:

Ya could use logs stuck into the ground to help hold the rock in place.

Or,
Ya could go hardcore, build your own rock, using cement, and bury it. So its kinda shaped like this.

(O)_ ground level
\/

You could also just bury half a huge ass rock.

You could cable/stake a large (16-18" diameter for an extreme trail) tree down to help control what the necessary height for a belly pan needed for the trail. You could put several of those in a row, so people with lesser built rigs can't just hammer down and jump it (I can already see a video of $$$ doing it now:redneck::haha:)

l l <trail sides, trail running up and down
l l
l-l <log
l l

You could also try an control the diff clearnce neccesary on a trail by laying several 8-10" diameter logs lengthwise along the trail and staking/cabling/chaining them down.

To control the roof height of a rig (so ya don't get some big gay mud truck going down an expert trail just because he has 44's) you could tie a railroad track/tree inbetween two tree's that are on either side of the trail. You could set it at like 7 or 8 feet.

Feel free to add to these idea's or tell me what you don't like about em, or what could/would go wrong. I have me flamer, I mean, flame suit ready.:cheer::redneck:

And yes, I am bored how'd ya know?:haha::flipoff:

you start doing stuff like that and people will start to
vandelize on purpouse:awesomework:

Put in something like that and then Shotcrete it, that way it is permanent and will never change :D

Not an option as in, it would be too much $$$ and the logistics of getting into the forest could be difficult. I know the DNR is open to all suggestions and possibilities. I just don't think it's realistic.

Just regular old rocks will suffice.:awesomework:

I have no numbers or facts to prove my opinion.......maybe someone could enlighten us all. Weather or not it's a valid option?

ANYTHING can be vandalized. Agreed?

We'll "go there" during the actual construction of the obstacles/gate keepers. Till then it's a waste of time and dumb to "go there".

Ideas (and constructive criticism) of obstacle construction is welcome.:awesomework:

So more ideas.

IF we where given a foot ball field sized area to build. All we had to do was stay with in the lines around the field. What could we do within the field? Would that be enough for SEPA aproval? or do they need to know more then that?
Yep

Every corner and bump

Put in something like that and then Shotcrete it, that way it is permanent and will never change :D

At this point in the game no man made obstacles can be used on the trails. Only natural materials

ANYTHING can be vandalized. Agreed?

We'll "go there" during the actual construction of the obstacles/gate keepers. Till then it's a waste of time and dumb to "go there".

Ideas (and constructive criticism) of obstacle construction is welcome.:awesomework:

I was Comenting on the post about limiting hight by
hanging train track in a tree to limit hight stuped stuff
like that will get messed with especaly if it threatens access
or damege to thair rig

I was Comenting on the post about limiting hight by
hanging train track in a tree to limit hight stuped stuff
like that will get messed with especaly if it threatens access
or damege to thair rig

Oh.....:D

Ya.....we're no doing **** like that. THAT would be dumb-er.:redneck:

Not an option as in, it would be too much $$$ and the logistics of getting into the forest could be difficult. I know the DNR is open to all suggestions and possibilities. I just don't think it's realistic.

Just regular old rocks will suffice.:awesomework:

I have no numbers or facts to prove my opinion.......maybe someone could enlighten us all. Weather or not it's a valid option?

Here is a quote from stan "don't let money be a driving force for what you want"

One ORV status is achieved then we go for grants to go above and beyond what the DNR will have fund wise...

That it is or is not a option?

"IS" But IMO I would not want to see anything perminent. It would be nice to every 6 months go thru and re-arrange things..