• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

the road to the wall

I personally think getting the water out will help from past experiance with this kinda stuff..

But a good example of how deep the dirt is there--look at the hole thats to the one side of it (BYS side)--thats bottomless and just loose dirt...

Ya, that thing has been a bottomless pit for as long as i can remember... and like you said, puting rocks in will only last for so long, before they are uncovered and start becoming a problem again.

serious? i think we have, like, 2 of those. :eeek: i figured the smaller rock would make good fill rock, but i have never done maintinence in an area that gets severe use like this one does.

serious? i think we have, like, 2 of those. :eeek: i figured the smaller rock would make good fill rock, but i have never done maintinence in an area that gets severe use like this one does.

I misread, I thought you said total lbs, but ya, prolly about 3-400 lbs of rock... big stuff first, then smaller then smaller... then concrete...:redneck:

Just get the front tires up on the ledge, then spin like crazy to get the whole truck up there like everyone else will do. The ledge will be worn down to a slope in no time :D

~T.J.

Also another factor of why the hole has grown is more than likely due to how the weather has been this year. The ground will freeze and start to thraw--causing the soil to be very loose. Plus having alot of moisture(snow) doesn't help the ground to stay stable,,

The same thing happens over east every year and you can see a trench start in a matter of a day....

Really guys just keep things on topic and your posts wont get messed with. :cheer: Try to turn a thread about one subject into something else or just useless bs and they will get deleted:booo: I have no problem with a quip here and there but this thread (as an example) is about a possible issue on the wall trail. It has nothing to do with the status of rieter becoming a park or not. Keep things on topic and everyone stays happy:awesomework:

and for all those who say let mother nature do its thing, just remember that a stock rig WILL find another trail to attempt, and eventually make a bypass, so why not at least look at it to see what, if anything, can be done to avoid a complete trail closure.

and everybody would be wise to remember that their own piles of rolling crap started out MUCH SMALLER and LESS EQUIPPED.

There is room on the far side from the river for a rig to get through with no issue. I was there coming from at them when he had to winch out after dropping into the hole. My buddy could not make it up and out with his early bronco and simply drove a little to the right and its smooth and plenty wide there. I say leave it the way it is.

I did not realize how deep tha t hole was till RubyDoo droped in and tried to winch out, The bumper was hard in the dirt and the top of the dirt was up to her head lights. I ended up breaking the new 9800 Lb cable on my 8000 Lb winch trying to go forward and had to get towed backwards to goto the right side to get out.

I did not realize how deep tha t hole was till RubyDoo droped in and tried to winch out, The bumper was hard in the dirt and the top of the dirt was up to her head lights. I ended up breaking the new 9800 Lb cable on my 8000 Lb winch trying to go forward and had to get towed backwards to goto the right side to get out.

I dont mean any disrespect t anybody on here, but come on guys!!!! Trail get hard so lets make it easy again:rolleyes: I'm sorry to say but people are just gonna have to understand its 4wheelin, theres gonna be challenges, theres gonna be problems, and the land is gonna change!!!!!!

People are gonna have to accept the fact that even front and rear lockers maybe you still can't make it!!! I went through it on my 35's and ya its nasty but not bad at all!!!!!!!:eeek:

JK KAT I know you have a ruby with a winch and etc. . but every veichle has its limits!, and if I recall you have the stock bumper on the front still to???? those things stick out way to far if so!

People stop trying to change a trail everytime it gets harder!!!! There are plenty of trails at Reiter to keep everyone happy!!

[/quote]
JK KAT I know you have a ruby with a winch and etc. . but every veichle has its limits!, and if I recall you have the stock bumper on the front still to???? those things stick out way to far if so!
No actually RubyDoo has the Warn rock crawler bumpers front and rear.

No actually RubyDoo has the Warn rock crawler bumpers front and rear.

ownage.:awesomework:

I drove through there yesterday. The whole is on one side of the road. If you don't want to drive into it use the other side of the road.:rolleyes:

All that drama over nothing, lovely. :haha: :haha: :haha:

Thats my point this is so stupid!!!! I have seen many rigs cruise down there and back wit no problems at all!!!! I'm not looking for the trails to be paved:fawkdancesmiley:

Sorry JKKAt te last time I saw you it was a stock ruby with the removable winch holder that goes in a tow hitch! Last time I saw you so my bad!
But either way its wheeling and shits gonna happen its not that too hard to comprehend:awesomework: