• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The snawsage version---- something

Down the back of the motor and here you can see the back side of the passthru junction and where the main feed for the winch pops out... You can also se the soloniod for the cooling fan...

robin65.jpg

I made a short cable from the junction down to the starter soloniod..

robin66.jpg

So the engine wiring is all done except the feed from the alt to the main junction--which I have a plan ready but I am going to wait until I have the belt issue resolved in case the alt has to be remounted differently...

I also was going to crank the motor over---but it wouldn't go. So I checked that part of the system out and the damn ford style starter relay is bad :mad:

Down the back of the motor and here you can see the back side of the passthru junction and where the main feed for the winch pops out... You can also se the soloniod for the cooling fan...

robin65.jpg

I made a short cable from the junction down to the starter soloniod..

robin66.jpg

So the engine wiring is all done except the feed from the alt to the main junction--which I have a plan ready but I am going to wait until I have the belt issue resolved in case the alt has to be remounted differently...

I also was going to crank the motor over---but it wouldn't go. So I checked that part of the system out and the damn ford style starter relay is bad :mad:

Suprise Suprise:haha:

Any part # or vehicle aplication for that soloniod for the starter robin?

Nope.....I'll just pick one at random.......hmmmm 1984 F250

Or.........**** the dual solinoid idea and just wire it right to the starter solinoid.

your call

Nope.....I'll just pick one at random.......hmmmm 1984 F250

Or.........**** the dual solinoid idea and just wire it right to the starter solinoid.

your call

Its done wired :D I will go to the parts house and grab something...

So I swung by and grabbed a new soloniod and threw it in..

robin67.jpg

So I went and pulled the pod to fix a couple problems I had.

#1 I decided to toggle the ground side of both front/rear winchs so I had to change the wiring to those.
#2 For some reason I had wired up the engine fan to toggle the ground on the soloniod and wired the soloniod to toggle the power side--so I had to correct that.
#3 I had to add 2 more switchs and the control for the headlamps. I also went and labeled all the relays.
#4 When I installed the switchs they were keyed for the safety covers--so they could go on the switch only one way. Well thinking ok all the switchs are then wired the same--not so. Two switchs were internally wired backwards--so I corrected that.

So with that done I threw the pod back in and fired off everything. And it all works now(except waiting for a couple switchs to show up)--and damn---it sounds like a jet engine with all 4 fans going :haha:

I went and threw the second pump on and the belt. This is one thing thats going to have to be reworked as there is an issue with the belt. The lines off the pump also need to be reworked a bit so they are secured safely and the line down under the side of the motor..

robin68.jpg

So I went and jumped to the back of the rig and looked at the propane lines. I went and pulled the fittings off..

robin69.jpg

So I am going to lop the mount off and locate it inboard a few inchs. It will inable me to secure the propane hose alot safer than it was. I also looked at how to protect the rear steering cooler and came up with a game plan on that...

And just for kicks :awesomework:

robin70.jpg

Also robin---do you have any 1" tube laying around? I have an idea for mounting the rear steer joystick and CO2 tank.....

Thanks guys...

I can't take credit for any of the shetmetal work/tig work though---that was already done--I just fine tuned it a bit.....

:fawkdancesmiley: it all looks like crap!! what shoddy craftsmanship :fawkdancesmiley:

Ok so I went and removed a bunch of items in the rear and painted--except for the drivers side(still need some 1" to make a mount for the CO2 tank)...

But here is how the new mount for the propane fitting to hose tuned out. Its much slimer and puts the fitting closer to the tube/safer

robin71.jpg

So with that I was able to shorten up the line to the front so the hose now hugs/behind the tube--very good fit :awesomework:

robin72.jpg

And per Robin's request--the rear ps cooler got some protection..

robin73.jpg

And its about 1 1/2" from the cooler so it should not take away from its efficiancy. But if it does its just a matter of drilling a few holes in the cover...

robin74.jpg