• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

The "What did you get done this weekend" thread

Comet

Ok, post 'em up! I went to Hotrod-a-rama with Scooter and was supposed to meet up with NotMatt, but we never hooked up. I did a little cleaning on my Model A, and worked on the house all day today, but once again, no working on the Heep!:rolleyes:

Some planning for a blockade. :;

Removed the last of my Crapwhacker fender flares from the TJ. Got some new dents in the process.

Burned up my fan clutch.

Helped tom tom move and cut 1500lbs of steel that will eventually become a dual Jeep hauler / pimp trailer.

went wheelin a bunch. Got more brake stuff done and started on more sheet work.

I found that I got the wrong intake gasket... and now that the intake is on.. it has to come off or I'll leak water at all 4 corners. Yay.

CrustyJeep said:
Finished motor mounts and put POS back together.

Wheeled said POS :flipoff:

bout time glen.

i started a new winch bumper so i can have rope this time. needed to raise it up some so the bumper protects the bottom of the winch and composite fairlead.

but the biggest event was being woke up sunday morning by a bear, went up to a spot i know on green mountain to kill the day throwing rocks and swimmin, decided to stay the night and never thought about a bear that close to civilization so slept with all the doors open. about o dawn thirty rocky started growling and it just kept getting louder till he finally launched out the open door. i thought a squirrel or something till i raised up and saw a big black mass with rocky right after him go around the front of the neighbors suburban. then rocky stopped and the bear was looking across the top of the neighbors truck at me about ten feet up a tree. cute little fella.

Put my new tranny in the race rig, replaced broken adapter, fixed up the exhaust some, etc. etc.

General prep work for summer convention.

Then I laid out some test stripes in the driveway....... new tranny works great!:redneck:

Bobbo3234 said:
loaded the jeep on the trailer....that's about it.
Baby steps Bobby. :;

Went wheelin, and wheelin some more. I'm still diggin' a little seat out too. :kissmyass:

Stacked rocks and logs for Rico while he did his best impression of a turtle. :haha:

Absolutely nothing.

I take that back, Sunday I changed the oil in my DD and stared at the underside of my YJ for about 30 minutes pondering my exhaust options and visually mocking up my anti-wrap bar. Then I went and took a nap. :kissmyass:

Saturday I spent the day getting sunburnt at the Swiss Tavern and surrounding city blocks, listening to alcohol fueled Hemi's and looking at vintage hot rods. :D Looked for Comet, didn't find him and I couldn't call him because my cell phone was dead. :mad:

Hip said:
bout time glen.

i started a new winch bumper so i can have rope this time. needed to raise it up some so the bumper protects the bottom of the winch and composite fairlead.

but the biggest event was being woke up sunday morning by a bear, went up to a spot i know on green mountain to kill the day throwing rocks and swimmin, decided to stay the night and never thought about a bear that close to civilization so slept with all the doors open. about o dawn thirty rocky started growling and it just kept getting louder till he finally launched out the open door. i thought a squirrel or something till i raised up and saw a big black mass with rocky right after him go around the front of the neighbors suburban. then rocky stopped and the bear was looking across the top of the neighbors truck at me about ten feet up a tree. cute little fella.
Holy COW...Did you get pics????

eviltoymaker said:
Holy COW...Did you get pics????

no i dont own a camera but it would have been awesome as when i realized what had actually happened the bear was looking directly at me and holding a pose. i yelled for becky and greg (who do have a digi camera) but by the time they poked thier heads out of their tent the bear was gone.

just didnt expect it in such a populated area but you never know.

and congrats on getting the jeep going, is the new windshields frame on it?