• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

This does not sound good

Looks like this happened on the upper part of road/trail 930 inside the ORV area.

I think you are right. Originally, it looked like the road up to Mowich and Evans. Very unfortunate accident.

My thoughts go out to the families. So young.

Just saw this pic on FB. Very sad.

Ev.jpg

Looks like this happened on the upper part of road/trail 930 inside the ORV area.
7930? If so I think you're right, between the old 414 and the top of 520.
It's a shame he didn't just hit the deer, they both could have walked out...
My thoughts go out to the family.

didnt realize they were so young. hard thing to go through for sure. kinda sucks that the passenger apparently came to, and wandered off. horrible.

Last edited:
We've had deer and elk jump out in front of us several times heading down from Evans. Thankfully it never ended like this. That has to be a hard decision to make, to stay with your friend or go for help. A strong reminder to the rest of us to be careful and stay alert.

Sad, but I think that's only a 3 roller. I hate that road up to evan's and is the main reason I quit going there. Too many times the dust has either blinded me damn near missing a head on collision or the corners are so washed board I have damn near slid off the edge with my truck and trailer. I've got plenty of pictures of Mt Rainier from the view spot, don't need anymore. Evan's isn't even that challenging anyways. A couple of spots, yes but for the most part you're driving on a dirt road.

says the guy that wheels tahaya:looser:

Sad story for sure, but in talking with friends who know intimate details of what happened, alcohol was for sure a factor. Accidents are one thing, preventable accidents suck even worse.

Anyone can speculate what they would have done in any given situation but until you are thrown into the Frey you have no clue... Adrenalin, alcohol, pain, lots of variables that cloud your judgement

Example of many things gone wrong and its a shame somebody lost there life.

People in shock typically do the wrong things....

"Rallying" these roads is a problem. See it all the time. Add alcohol and the reflexes are slowed and deicisions become bad quickly. A real shame.

On a side note, this is why we always have at least one heavily stocked first aid kit on-board at all times.

So how many STOCK 4x4 deaths/serious injuries have happened at Evans latley?

Good thing the park is geared towards stockers and rookies.

So how many STOCK 4x4 deaths/serious injuries have happened at Evans latley?

Good thing the park is geared towards stockers and rookies.

Well, if that is the case then maybe it is not geared towards them. People continually say how easy Evans is yet these types of things happen. Maybe stop telling all these people how easy it is unless they have the proper equipment to make it easy. Christ man, do you constantly have to be a ****?

Well, if that is the case then maybe it is not geared towards them. People continually say how easy Evans is yet these types of things happen. Maybe stop telling all these people how easy it is unless they have the proper equipment to make it easy. Christ man, do you constantly have to be a ****?

WTF does proper equipment have to with being drunk and crashing a DD 4x4 on a gravel road? -

Would propper equuipment have saved their life? Would a winch and lockers have kept them sober?

The park is a lure to stockish 4x4 dd kinda rigs. Thats the kinda rig that has been there for the last TWO deaths.

Have I been untruthfull?

Im ok with being a ****, its so much more efficient than being blinded by rainbows and carebears.

Not a case of a wheeling mishap but more of a case of something that can happen on any dirt road be it alcohol involved or not..

Evans is easy. This accident happened on the gravel FS road, not in the ORV trail system. It could have happened ANYWHERE.

This is tragic. It has nothing to do with how easy the trails are or what has changed about Evans Creek. It has to do with poor choices that all piled up to create a tragic accident. Please do not start blaming anyone other than the driver of that vehicle for this accident. It was not caused by the location, the rig, the environment, the width restrictions, the road, the animals, the passenger's decisions, the time of day, the weather, or anything other than the decisions and actions of the driver of the vehicle.

I went wheeling yesterday and on the way in 3 deer jumped across the snow covered road in front of me. I slowed but made the choice that I would eat deer meat last night if they didn't move. I was offered beer on the trail and declined because I knew I was driving home after wheeling. On the way out I was very surprised that 4 Elk crossed the road in front of me on a snowy road again. I slowed again and made the decision that I would eat Elk for dinner if they didn't move. My decisions kept me from going down a path to tragedy, or maybe I just got lucky.

Either way in this accident there is no one or nothing to blame for this other than the driver of that vehicle.