• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

thought i bought a 10k trailer

toyzuk

well i bought a 10k trailer a week ago for 1700 and wanted to see how my roomates truck would fit on it so we loaded it up and i noticed the tires were half flat. i should have looked at the tire rating before i bought the trailer but live and learn :mad:. the tires are only rated for 1680 i cant carry more than 6720 pounds which the trailer probably weighs 2000 more or less so i guess im going to have to buy some rims and tires. the thing that sucks is the guy just bought new tires for it. it has the old style 14'' rims which sucks.

Last edited:
that was one question i had for the guy was the rating and he told me it was a 10k, but its my own fault being dumb.

man im pissed right now.....

i probably could sell it for alittle more than i bought it for but then i need a deckover 10k and im gonna be paying twice what i bought it for, or just a regular 10k and widen it a few inchs each side and build drive over fenders. im just irritated because its actually a sweet trailer in person.

The frame may be heavy enough for it to be a 10k trailer if you swap the axles, springs, tires and wheels. What size material are the main frame rails and crossmembers? Is the coupler rated for 10k?

I have some nice 6ug 5200 lb axles with rims and springs for sale. :corn:

how much? working brakes on both?

the coupler is rated for 19000 MGTW and ill double up the frame rail underneath it. the frame is 2 x 4 and i belive 3/16 hard to tell, its capped at both ends and only found one teeny hole.

heres some more pics, tell me what ya think.

Last edited:
what are you planning on hauling? you can haul that truck around just fine just go at a slower speed and check your bearings to see if they are over heating but I wouldn't want to drag it every day or for a long distance... if you are just dragging a toyota around that trailer should work out just fine.

what are you planning on hauling? you can haul that truck around just fine just go at a slower speed and check your bearings to see if they are over heating but I wouldn't want to drag it every day or for a long distance... if you are just dragging a toyota around that trailer should work out just fine.

Hauling around dead diesels will probably happen too often for those axles/tires. The tires aren't even rated high enough to haul the truck, let alone the trailers weight on top of everything.

the highest rated tire for a 14'' rim is around 2000lbs and i will probably be towing dead diesels around for buddys when it happens and i dont want to worry about anything. everybody knows me and my roodmates have trailers and diesels so they call us. it gets to be a pain sometimes. i dont mind helping people out but people think diesel is free for some reason and expect us to do it for nothing sometimes.

here they are.

Attachments

• IMG_2137.JPG
    IMG_2137.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2138.JPG
    IMG_2138.JPG
    64.8 KB · Views: 242