• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Throwing in the towel - my MarsFab buggy build

No, I really do appreciate the heads up. It will be stored inside when I'm not on a ride and I'm sure it's going to get scratched up because I plan to wheel it alot to make up for the last 5+ years of being rig-less. I'm sure in a few years it will need a repaint anyway from abuse plus I'll probably be ready to change some stuff up by then aka coilovers, stronger axles, possibly rear steer, etc.
Why, I could never consider powder coat, spray or a brush, for me. Build looks awesome though

Little bit of progress. Drivetrain is back in the chassis, just need to replace the oil pan gasket but that will be easier now that it's mounted in the chassis. Rear axle is in and rear brake lines are on.

Rear axle complete minus the calipers, caliper brackets, rotors and spacers was 172 pounds.

PXL_20220226_033401755.jpg
PXL_20220226_033409202.jpg
PXL_20220226_033424589.jpg

Few more steps closer. Front axle is in, plumbing is 90% complete, exhaust is wrapped and installed, trans and steering coolers are mounted. Hopefully get the air shocks rebuilt this week and it will almost be a roller. Waiting on the long side inner shaft from RCV and I'll have every part in hand to make it a roller.

PXL_20220302_233102054.jpg
PXL_20220302_233119103.jpg
PXL_20220313_165229055.jpg
PXL_20220313_165242130.jpg
PXL_20220313_165246700.jpg
PXL_20220313_165254121.jpg

Got the air shocks rebuilt and installed, the rear is back to a roller. I got the knuckles shimmed, bearings packed and the long side RCV shaft finally came in. Need to clearance inside the knuckle balls for the birfs then I'll put the shafts in and install the knuckles and it will be a complete roller.

Radiator is in and now all the plumbing is hooked up. Dropped off the flanges and long travel slip to get the rear driveshaft made. It's coming along, won't be long now until it's ready for wiring and vinyl wrap on the panels.

Good deal. Doing anything cool with the wrap or just a solid color? I've considered it but kinda want to do it myself since A; I'm cheap and 2; I can fix it if/when it gets boogerd up

Good deal. Doing anything cool with the wrap or just a solid color? I've considered it but kinda want to do it myself since A; I'm cheap and 2; I can fix it if/when it gets boogerd up
Just a solid color on the wrap and I'm doing it myself. Figure a solid color would be easier to do myself since I've never done it before. 1 and 2 both apply to me as well.

Hopefully it won't, it's a bit more out of the way than it looks in the picture. Plus the rear side panel should protect it some as well.

Still slowly making some progress. Going to start adding fluids to everything this weekend. The vinyl for my panels came in this week. And the biggest hurdle left is the wiring but I've had some help and got part of it done. It's gonna get done eventually, believe me I'm dying to get it out on the trails.

Still slowly making some progress. Going to start adding fluids to everything this weekend. The vinyl for my panels came in this week. And the biggest hurdle left is the wiring but I've had some help and got part of it done. It's gonna get done eventually, believe me I'm dying to get it out on the trails.

How much wiring does a 22r have lmao i think mine has like 3 wires to make it run and the rest is optional.

:dblthumb:

Latest posts