• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tillamook width restrictions

Please show a picture of the rig you are worried about width restrictions...We will tell you if you are too wide or not

It's a generic question, as I have a club of people asking, so they can measure before driving south.

I recall back in the old TTC days 76" was the limit for competing and that was derived from the forest service down there.

I'm wondering if the gate keepers are that wide or something else.

There are 2 width restricted trails at TSF that I know of. I can just barely squeeze through the keepers at 79". I think they are actually posted at 78". None of the good trails have restrictions:redneck:.

Last edited:
Please show a picture of the rig you are worried about width restrictions...We will tell you if you are too wide or not

No--lets make sure the correct and relevent information is out there so folks know before hand. Its not like its down the road for 90% of us...

No--lets make sure the correct and relevent information is out there so folks know before hand. Its not like its down the road for 90% of us...

Are you running for public office or something?!:rolleyes::haha: You are becoming far too rational:;

I recall back in the old TTC days 76" was the limit for competing and that was derived from the forest service down there.

Tillamook, forest service?:eeek:

And the reason that is was limited to 76" wide for TTC was becase they (the event organizers) wanted Jeep like vehicles. They have now changed that policy:awesomework:

Hold it.... It is down the road for most of us, its up the road from people farther south then there....

Tillamook, forest service?:eeek:

And the reason that is was limited to 76" wide for TTC was becase they (the event organizers) wanted Jeep like vehicles. They have now changed that policy:awesomework:

I thought part of that 76" wide rule was forest service driven to help limit damage to the area. I seem to recall that being brought up one of the years I was down there for the event.

I was just down there for a run the day before yesterday. The trail 'Hogsback' had a width restriction of 76 or 78". I had no problem in my toyota mini (76"ish), but a pair of 80 series land cruisers got scraped up going through the filters. Most of the trails dont have a maximum width restriction.

But we did run into the head forest service guy who is in charge of the trails and had a good long chat with him. He was intrested in making alot of the trails harder down there now. He had just finished working on alot of the filters and rock gardens making them more challenging.

He did also want to let us know that you MUST stay on the designated trail. They spent alot of time blocking off all the bypasses less capable rigs made from the winter. The more time he spends cleaning up garbage and blocking bypasses, the less time he has to spend on makeing new obsticles and new trails.:beer:

there are parts of fire break 5 (I think 3rd section in the trees) thats NOT marked that i could not get my 83 k20 long bed through, and I did get a lot of body damage getting back out. but my fj40 on 33 or my xj on 33 make it just fine not hitting any trees.