• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Time to back the Mtn bikers

You are going down the wrong road.
First take DNR out of the countys control, then get DMR to adopt USFS rules and regulations for trail building, Then get DNR to allow you to build in desinated areas.

I am just being honest here,

user built trails will need defined guide lines and design before you will ever get any where

Like I said before. Go quiet, rest for a few, let biz go back to normal after a few. You are going to open up a can of whip ass that is going to kick you ass.

The road that you are going down. You better have follow through with this. If you drop this ball, you will hurt all free, unorganized recreation. Please be carefull on what and how you do things.
:awesomework::awesomework:

First take DNR out of the countys control, then get DMR to adopt USFS rules and regulations for trail building, Then get DNR to allow you to build in desinated areas.

user built trails will need defined guide lines and design before you will ever get any where

Like I said before. Go quiet, rest for a few, let biz go back to normal after a few. You are going to open up a can of whip ass that is going to kick you ass.

The road that you are going down. You better have follow through with this. If you drop this ball, you will hurt all free, unorganized recreation. Please be carefull on what and how you do things.
Agreed, problem is it may well already be too late...

I don't always agree with Charlie but this time he's right.

Looks like the gate isn't going up quite yet. They'll watch the situation and only put up a gate if it continues to be an issue.

So it looks like our trips to slide mountain can still commence.

My advice is still......................

let things settle down for a few months. Nothing like setting a mouse trap.

:corn:

Response from Mr. Maruen

Hi Karl

Thank you taking the time to share your perspective and passion for the trails located in the departments

There are two issues with this whole thing

1) Secrecy doesn't work. NW Region DNR knew about this a long time ago. And it didn't take persistence to get them to shut it down. All it took was the NW region referring me to Mark Mauren when I asked why we cannot have other dispersed areas open. I don't think Mark knew that NF existed. When he heard about the fork, its fate was sealed.

2) Backing off and letting things 'cool' will not fix anything. As ORV users we should be fighting for the Mtn bikes to retain their land. But the only way that can be done is through the legislative process.

I know Charlie likes the engineering and building it right thing.. well thats great and all for the long term. But it doesn't work short term. We shouldn't be playing the cat-and-mouse game to avoid tickets in the meantime.

This closure gives another opportunity for groups to get together and rally the legislature to build a process in which the DNR can be legal in letting user-built trails exist until something more concrete can be formed. If we had gone this route, (and not trusted DNR when they said it'd be open in 6 months) there is a good possibility that Reiter would have stayed open until the new plan was implemented.

Or we can just tuck tail and do nothing. Its not like many people here live and breathe wheeling anymore... Now heres some passion:

http://vimeo.com/40356150