• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tire groover

Attachments

• IMG_1866.jpg
    IMG_1866.jpg
    451.2 KB · Views: 135
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4p6UjrJl6A0

I bet you can find one at Lowes for real cheap. Hahaha. Until you see it go flat all of a sudden :afro:

I use an Ideal tire groover. The trick is to get the tire hot before you cut on it. Otherwise, it's not going to be quick or fun.

I lay a tire horizontally over two saw horses with a kerosene heater below it. I flip it once or twice to heat it up on both sides, then I groove. I tried cutting tires when they weren't hot, and it sucked.

Also, a sharp blade is crucial. They're about $10 for a pack of 10, so don't be a cheapass and try to get all the life out of a blade. Just change it out for a fresh one. Money well spent.

jordan7118 said:
I use an Ideal tire groover. The trick is to get the tire hot before you cut on it. Otherwise, it's not going to be quick or fun.

I lay a tire horizontally over two saw horses with a kerosene heater below it. I flip it once or twice to heat it up on both sides, then I groove. I tried cutting tires when they weren't hot, and it sucked.

Also, a sharp blade is crucial. They're about $10 for a pack of 10, so don't be a cheapass and try to get all the life out of a blade. Just change it out for a fresh one. Money well spent.

X2 I've used one of those big torches you hook up to a grill propane tank. Gets hot fast and works like a charm for a cheaper groover

I use a radiant heater that attaches to the top of a BBQ tank. As it heats up, roll the tire and groove the hot section.

Grinder with a chainsaw blade from harbor freight. Unless ya have a pocket full of money. If I spend 200-400 buks it won't be on a tire groover, love to have one but then again ain't nothing touchin my tires! Grinder is easy, like very easy.. Just messy. Fawk it , do it outside and have a blower around to clean the mess and yourself.

Blower denotes you can ****ing afford concrete or asphalt. Bet I wouldn't have to blow **** outta my gravels. Lol I'm po country folk.