• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tire groover

pos97TJ

What is a good brand of hot knife to buy? I have a tire that I need to groove and figured maybe I would pick one up. Or if there is anyone in the Oly area with one I could use I would appreciate it and would throw down some beers or something:beer: :beer:

I am assuming you have used it, does it seem to work well? I am sure that I will groove a few sets with it and I have buddies I am sure that would want to borrow it so I want to get one that will last awhile but not spend a fortune. Thanks for the reponse:beer:

my buddys got the same one. i cut my tires twice with it. and he cut his boggers, and is swampers. and i think a few other sets. it works good, just need to let the blade get hot. and take breaks so it can heat back up.
ive never broke any blades using it. if ur breaking blades....you're going to fast.

ive never broke any blades using it. if ur breaking blades....you're going to fast.

If you never break blades yer going too slow.:fawkdancesmiley:

The ideal groover made me get a van alstein. Wich you could use this weekend if you bring your tires to Kirkland..PM me if interested

The ideal groover made me get a van alstein. Wich you could use this weekend if you bring your tires to Kirkland..PM me if interested

Yes, your groover is the ****. :awesomework: If you are doing more than just a slit here and there, that bad boy is the only way to go.

Call Van Alstine MFG. $380 + cutting blades. G-1000 is the model.

Get the cutting blade Van Alstine makes, way better than anyone elses.

Call Van Alstine MFG. $380 + cutting blades. G-1000 is the model.

Get the cutting blade Van Alstine makes, way better than anyone elses.

The blades from Van Alstine are worth their weight in gold...

Even on the cheap groovers you'll notice a big difference...

If you do get the Speedway/Ideal one, be careful to not get the handle to hot... The one I used from Sean had gotten really hot before and melted part of the handle and made it real difficult to use...

If you never break blades yer going too slow.:fawkdancesmiley:

thanks for the offer I am getting a cheapy and if it pushes my patience(sp?) I will pm ya:awesomework: