Votes: 14 12.3%
  • BFG MTR

Votes: 13 11.4%
  • Iroks

Votes: 51 44.7%
  • TSL/SX

Votes: 36 31.6%

• Total voters
Having ran about every tire out there I would go IROKs for a trail rig. Yes they are cheaper, and yes they work very well in the snow,mud,rocks,wet muddy roots.etc. They are the best all arount tire I have ever ran. On a side note if you get the IROKs get them in the Bias version, as the radials have very weak sidewalls.

Thanks for that, I've been looking and everyone has thier own opinion, of course of a lot of us don't have the cash to have a set of every type of tire to try. I've even read an article about, why run street legal tires on a rig that is not street legal. Going with stuff like super terra's and such. I have ran them in the past, but in sand and snow, they were awesome. A few times, though I had to try a little harder to get thru a bad spot, but then realized, I forgot to put it in 4wd. But I have no idea how such a tire does in rocks. Experience counts for a lot, thanks for sharing.:awesomework:

Personal fan of the goodyear MTR. Two years ago it rained on memorial day when we were Jeepin at Liberty. The trails turned to SNOT all the tires on everyones jeeps plugged up from Boggers to swampers BFG's ect. The MTR's out preformed everything on the trail that day. The leading edges stay sharp through the life of the tire and IMHO are the best tire money can buy. My father bought that jeep from me and those tires have 25k on them now. He lives and wheels in Arizona and he loves how they preform in the rocks as well. He does say they lack the ability to be a good sand tire.

An alternative to BFG mud terrains are Cooper STT's. They work pretty well in the snow and mud. The only deep snow I've been in was some melting stuff up her in Alaska and they worked awsome. I pulled a 4runner up a hill and I was going up backwards. Good highway and ice tire.

Last edited:
Maxxis trepadors comp compound is what I'm am going to probably try out after my Krawlers are bald.

Loved my heavily grooved SX's for local wheeling and definetly worked better in the muddy stuff than my Krawlers.

That's what I have now, they are my fourth or fifth set and I've always thought they were great, but when I went out with heep70, toybug and that group I realized how bad they were in the snow, I am locked front and rear and was holding everyone up, not a position I'm use to, so they are getting replaced.

I would wait until August and get the BFG KM2. Your looking at the best of both worlds for street and trail. Improved tread design, 4th shoulder belt, and new crawler tech sidewalls. I have sold quiet a few set on this side and everyone loves them so far. Check them out at Costco you wont find a better warranty and pricing.