• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tire thoughts

jayisrawr2

She's done Jim
I'm getting to the point in my buggy where I need to decide on what rubber to throw under it.

I am considering using these and making a set of my own custom wheels.

They're a Good Year G292 315/80r22.5 bout 43 inches tall. I was wondering how you guys think the would do?

I am willing to grove them seeing as I can get um for 200 bucks. ;D

Re: Re: tire thoughts

Just because something is inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean it's a good deal.

Is your buggy actually a semi truck?

Re: Re: tire thoughts

TBItoy said:
Just because something is inexpensive doesn't necessarily mean it's a good deal.

Is your buggy actually a semi truck?

I mean I get a deal through my work they're not a cheapo tire. as for being a semi... lol. not hardly. 360/46re/231 60's front and rear. 4.56 gears.
I think they're pretty aggressive. 32/32nds on the lugs

besides my gutless small block are there any major downsides? still really new at this and don't know what to take into consideration.

The sidwalls are going to be WAY too stiff for rockcrawling. The tread, Im sure, is hard as a rock. They would do terrible.

The sidewalls and the tread will be entirely tooooooo hard, they would make for good burn outs tho!

sidewalls are pretty damn stiff with 120 psi lol but the tread is actually pretty gummy to the touch.

damn it.. I wanted them to work..

jayisrawr2 said:
sidewalls are pretty damn stiff with 120 psi lol but the tread is actually pretty gummy to the touch.

I mean, if you have the time to waste, cut off every other lug and give em a shot. Ive been wrong before. Ha

TBItoy said:
What about BFGs ??? laughing1

I love my BFGs and will probably always run them nothing hooks like a red label. My wife proved that when she climbed cable hill in a buggy that would barely run. But they aren't available to the public unless you know someone.
43sx stickie is a great all around tire for wheeling around here in my opinion. They hook up good and hold up even better. Now the non stickies SX's are worthless in my opinion. I know several guys who went to them and are extremely disappointed.

Cole said:
I love my BFGs and will probably always run them nothing hooks like a red label. My wife proved that when she climbed cable hill in a buggy that would barely run. But they aren't available to the public unless you know someone.
43sx stickie is a great all around tire for wheeling around here in my opinion. They hook up good and hold up even better. Now the non stickies SX's are worthless in my opinion. I know several guys who went to them and are extremely disappointed.

Kinda what I was thinking. I'm thinking of getting rid of my 39 reds and getting some 43 SX sticky for the buggy.

I figure either one will break PLENTY of parts :****:

jayisrawr2 said:

Gummy to the touch doesn't really mean much. A 43" sticky swamper has really soft lugs, softer than that of a BFG Red Label sticky....but do not hook as good as the BFG's on dry OR wet surfaces.

I personally like ole fashion tsl's. Preferably in a 42 or 44. Always had good luck with em. Big rig tires are way too stiff. Just my opinion.