• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

"tis da season I got robbed...fa la la la la, la la la la..." :'(

CharlieInTheTrees

On Nov. 24 2008 at night. I got robbed at my house in Oxford, Ms. Where I go to college. I went home for the Break Sunday Morning Nov. 23 2008 at 7am to go to church with my family. I got a call Tuesday Morning from a Friend of Mine said that we got robbed. At first I thought he was kidding and was "Stop Playing *****". I dont have time for this BS. Then he reassure me that he was not kidding. I was like fawk...My Laptop, Money and etc...So far we have lost is a 46" Sony XBR LCD TV, 42" Samsung LCD TV, 3 High-End Laptop, Ps3 and other minor stuff. We didn't renter insurance so we are out of luck. There was 7 other house got robbed to in the same neighborhood. Great way to start the Holidays. That is why I haven't been on the internet lately and somewhat depress...

Damn that sucks the big one... Hate to hear that happened to you man ! :-\

Renter's insurance is cheeeeeeeeeeeeeap , getchu sum brother !

P said:

You either buy insurance or self insure. You just got tought the hard way why it is cheaper to pay.

Sorry to hear it man.

That sucks!!! Heard about a car or two that got broken into at the game on friday!!

P said:
Damn that sucks the big one... Hate to hear that happened to you man ! :-\

X2 that sucks.

If you have nice stuff it's definetly worth it and yes CHEEP, at least my guy from American Family is---had my stuff insured when I was living with my parents... Now got homeowners and even that's not bad.

Man that sucks. Guess you will be looking into renters insurance now. Tough lesson to learn, but it happens.

the sad fact about the statement of "you can't hide money" is that you really can't hide money from broke ass ninjas....period....if they know you have it, they will take it....end of story....

That just sucks. Can't leave home with it and can't leave home without it. Probably some Obama mama redistributing his wealth. Fawk :afro:

I'm pretty sure that your parent's home owners insurance would cover you if that stuff was technically their property. You might check into it.

....and I was upset when someone busted the grill on my Excursion to steal my trucker chick. Damn dude I feel for ya--that really sucks. That's alot of $$$ in stuff to replace/do without.

I know the feeling. I think I read a study at one time that said that theft crime skyrockets during Christmas time because all the theifs are pawning **** to get money to buy presents. I'll never forget the Christmas of my freshman year in college. I worked at the athletic center and worked crazy long hours because UGA felt it was essential for their students to be able to work out on Christmas day at 4 am in the morning and ****. (Even though campus was cleared out completely and the dorms were closed.) I went home early and did the whole Christmas thing early with my family so that I could return to work when no one else would. My dad gave me my first set of tools that year and I had them in my truck to bring to my buddy's shop which is where I worked on my junk at the time. I got back to campus at 2am and parked in the dorm parking lot. I had to be at work at 7am so I didn't think the 4 hours that I would be sleeping would be that risky to leave my tools in there. Man was I wrong. Somejackass broke in and stole $1200 worth of brand new tools that had never even been used. Of course, he was never caught.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope they catch whoever did it.

J. J.

Our office is located in an upscale retail center and every year at this time car burglaries become frequent. The crooks know people are packing in Christmas shopping and they break in and steal what people are buying and packing in the cars.

Last year someone parked their brand new, bought that morning suburban, loaded down with about $2000 worth of gifts for about an hour in the parking lot. When they returned the whole damn vehicle was gone. They found the suburban abandoned with the help of Onstar, all of the gifts were gone though.

I just called my Insurance agent to make sure that my Insurance is good for this kind of thing and to make sure Ihave enough coverage. With the economy like it is and the housing market the way it is I think there will be more theft this year than any before. :-\ I think that if the media wouldn't be so adamant about telling people how bad the economy is it would prolly rebound a bit quicker. :dunno: