• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To auto or not to auto

So couple questions so I can continue to add to my pile o parts :D

I have used the lokar a few times on guys rigs and as many know its "slow going" filling the trany.. What other options are there in a flexible type dipstick tube since a hard tube isn't an option.

Also for those of you running the auto whats the smallest cooler that you run with no heat issues(will be going with a plate style with fan).

With the Lokar, if you can access the trans to fill otherwise, fill roughly almost full then use the stick tube for measure. In the past I have drilled a fill hole and added a fill hole and tube to the case, like they do for vans and RVs for motor oil. Drilling in the right place and having one of those push in and lock down plugs will keep the oil in and not predetermine a spot for a crack. You would do it while building the case of course.
Aside from that, one of those fluid exchange machines that hook to the cooling lines would work too.

I hate those little tiny flexible filler/dip tubes. (lokar)

Your going to be welding a bung into the pan for a sender, why not weld a filler tube on whatever side of the pan that has the most room around it?

I hate those little tiny flexible filler/dip tubes. (lokar)

Your going to be welding a bung into the pan for a sender, why not weld a filler tube on whatever side of the pan that has the most room around it?

I agree... I just might wait and see if I can get a steel one and fit it once the trans is in...

I agree... I just might wait and see if I can get a steel one and fit it once the trans is in...

I have a factory fill tube in my 4.3 first gen. If you did not push your engine back into the firewall you may be surprised what will fit. The tube hugs pretty tight to the bell and head.

I like a lokar as long as I don't have to fill it up. Especially on a fresh trans, but I pull it out and direct fill thru case, then reinstall and final check. My first one I installed on a fresh trans I was not so smart.:mad:

Another part showed up--my 4:1..

My trans is being built and still looking for a complete th350 donor for c h e a p.. :redneck:

The one I have is missing the converter and valve body...

Attachments

• 20160210_192716.jpg
    20160210_192716.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 131