• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To auto or not to auto

Both my radiator and trans are on manual. Very simple and reliable, but it sucks if you forget to turn on the fan, you'll wish it was automatic when that happens. :redneck:

Both my radiator and trans are on manual. Very simple and reliable, but it sucks if you forget to turn on the fan, you'll wish it was automatic when that happens. :redneck:

Before I rewired my rig last year I had to enable my cooling fan that was also on a thermo switch. Now I have an over ride switch that can turn it off but if I leave it alone its automatic. I like simplistic for sure but I also like not having to worry about the "oh crap" I forgot :D

Like Clark my trans is on a manual switch, my radiator fan is controlled by my ecu though.

Before I rewired my rig last year I had to enable my cooling fan that was also on a thermo switch. Now I have an over ride switch that can turn it off but if I leave it alone its automatic. I like simplistic for sure but I also like not having to worry about the "oh crap" I forgot :D

I fun mechanical fans, and am very happy with that application. However, if I were to run a switch, I'd choose to have it done in such a manner that I could manually turn the fans ON, manually turn the fans OFF, and automatically turn them on at a preset temp. I've ran too many runs at 100*+ ambient temp, and it's nice to have the ability of leaving the fans on, especially during 'cool down' time after the engine is switched off.

A 3 way switch--good idea....

So I was looking and looking and came up with this prior crazybluerider's link.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/der-13021

For some reason I had it in my head I needed it in the line and having it in the pan makes a BUNCH more sense. That way the fan will match what my gauge will read..

Got my plate style cooler today

Attachments

• tmp_14416-20160223_184927-246887235.jpg
    tmp_14416-20160223_184927-246887235.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 125
I like the flex-a-lite one (Napa sells under BK 770-9556) manually adjustable sensor with capillary tube thats made in the USA. I sold the rig I was going to put it on and it's now on my spare parts pile. Wish I could get to the swap meet in Puyallup on March 6 to sell stuff, but I'm moving so that's a no go.

I like the flex-a-lite one (Napa sells under BK 770-9556) manually adjustable sensor with capillary tube thats made in the USA. I sold the rig I was going to put it on and it's now on my spare parts pile. Wish I could get to the swap meet in Puyallup on March 6 to sell stuff, but I'm moving so that's a no go.

I have had terrible luck with those.