• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To Buy or to Make

if you don't mind wasting a day or so drilling a couple hundred holes then i would say go for it:redneck:, that is assuming you no what your doing:D

if you don't mind wasting a day or so drilling a couple hundred holes then i would say go for it:redneck:, that is assuming you no what your doing:D

They come with inner and outer ring ready to weld on and bolt together, no drilling, they are just too light duty for big tires.

I made a set with Tom years ago for some aluminum rims, if you have the time, material and tools go for it.

Otherwise, just buy something pre-made.

If you have what it takes and the time to make them then you can answer your own question.
Otherwise its a hell of alot easier to just buy them. Most people cant even get the weld on kits to seal because of shitty welding

welding not the problem wasnt sure if anyone had bad experiences with them

I did, and that outer ring is like a 10 gauge sheet metal stamped out, like I said, they are light duty. The inner ring is like 3/16".

Attachments

• IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 202
You already have the wheels to weld the locks on to? If you do id go with better diy locks for 200+. if you dont have the wheels it would be $400-500+ to make your own or 800+ to buy the allieds depending on what size you need. of course keep an eye on th classifieds, especially pirate.

Here are a few places that sell kits:

greatlakeoffroad.com
diy4x4.com
ruffstuffspecialties.com
copperheadfab.com

Doesn't Bobby still have a few sets in the garage?

I called and asked about a month ago and he said he does not have any of them or any of the hardware left.

I just went through this and had a design drawn on autocad by my buddy and sent it to several shops to have enough cut for 10 wheels. Only one of about 5 area machine shops responded and they wanted 81 per inner and outer set. This did not include any hardware, welding, a rim or anything else. It was just for an inner and outer ring. The outer had a custom design in it.

If you are going to get some just buy somebodies kit because it will cost you as much or more to get everything together on your own.

I went with the KMC Enduro beadlock (no longer on indefinite back order) for 275 a wheel shipped.

Latest posts