• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

To delete or not to delete????

NTIDWELL

The warranty is about to run out on my 2012 Cummins Don't really want more power (I know who the hell couldnt use more power) but I'm pretty content with the performance of it now. I do how ever want better fuel mileage but at the same time I don't wanna give up reliability I've already had my phase of rolling coal w/super ,double, stack, injected,/give it some n.o.s. Bullshit After a few transmissions ,head gaskets, ****. That's not what I'm looking for truck pulls everything I need and sometimes dont need Just looking for some better fuel mileage and maybe little more reliability does egr or filter **** up on these trucks Open to opinions what's your alls experiences with em Or should I leave it stock and rock out

Delete it! If I had a brand new truck I woukd get a good tuner and do the deletes before the first oil change :****:

When's the new buggy gonna be done? I'm ready to drive it!

Delete it. I've had both and it's a lot better once it's deleted. :****:

RaceME tuners are the best for the money...especially if you're not wanting big power. I would still run some gauges just to make sure everything is doing what it should and to keep an eye on egt's. :driving:

Sinister diesel makes a good egr delete kit. And I would buy a complete 5" turbo back exhaust system. I had a Diamond Eye kit and it was pretty good quality for the money.

You can buy just a 4" delete pipe but that leaves one cat in the downpipe. And the 5" helps to lower egt's a little bit versus leaving it 4"

Delete, my 12 cummins is averaging 20 mpg on the the highway with 35s. I have H&S mini Maxx, egr delete, 4in turbo back. I leave it on the tow setting

I got my egr delete kit off Amazon for $60, exhaust on eBay for $250 and mini Maxx for $750 on eBay

I am on the fence. I just sold a '14 that was stock and bought a '14 that is deleted and tuned. The deleted one is loud and it stinks. As far as mileage, it is getting worse mileage than the stock one, but that could be the wheel tire combo difference plus the fact that the new one isn't broke in yet. I've heard that they get a little better mileage as they break in.

With that being said, the trans tuning and deleting the dead pedal "torque management delay" crap is worth what it cost to tune it and then some. The truck drives totally different.

If I were doing it, I'd tune mine but not delete it.

I run a Sinister delete kit on my 6.7 and efi live. Rarely ever turn it passed 3, goes to 5. I average 17-18 towing my jeep and truck is on 35s with 4.10s.

Not sure of anywhere else, but according to my state trooper buddy, and another that runs a Chrysler service department, the good ole state of Ohio is currently testing a new scanner that the trooper will sit on the side of the road, and when a vehicle passes that has has been deleted, it will be immediately pulled over, and made to sit until it is fixed, along w a hefty fine.

mckeddie said:
Not sure of anywhere else, but according to my state trooper buddy, and another that runs a Chrysler service department, the good ole state of Ohio is currently testing a new scanner that the trooper will sit on the side of the road, and when a vehicle passes that has has been deleted, it will be immediately pulled over, and made to sit until it is fixed, along w a hefty fine.

Sounds like I won't be going through Ohio any time soon!

creepycrawly said:
I am on the fence. I just sold a '14 that was stock and bought a '14 that is deleted and tuned. The deleted one is loud and it stinks. As far as mileage, it is getting worse mileage than the stock one, but that could be the wheel tire combo difference plus the fact that the new one isn't broke in yet. I've heard that they get a little better mileage as they break in.

With that being said, the trans tuning and deleting the dead pedal "torque management delay" crap is worth what it cost to tune it and then some. The truck drives totally different.

If I were doing it, I'd tune mine but not delete it.

I never knew what anyone was talking bout with the dead pedal on these trucks till I drove my buddies 12 it sucked ass I guess I was lucky mine has no dead pedal now I did notice when I was test driving it I drove three identical trucks and the one I bought was the best running one of the three. Mileage has sucked ass tho 14-15 was the best I got 12-13 pulling. Now at 70,000 I'm seeing 16-17. 13-14 pulling. Complete different question off topic here but does anyone else's a/c kick out while truck is sitting at an idle driving down interstate it's great traffic jams suck major **** just started this this yr. any ideas ****er freezing up or some ****

Re: Re: To delete or not to delete????

mckeddie said:
My understanding the tuners that do full on deletes are harder to get....read a big no no by epa. H&S was finned around 1 mil and now are in Canada.

There are a few places that you can get the full delete stuff. Edge tuners won't turn off emission parts.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

NTIDWELL said:
I never knew what anyone was talking bout with the dead pedal on these trucks till I drove my buddies 12 it sucked ass I guess I was lucky mine has no dead pedal now I did notice when I was test driving it I drove three identical trucks and the one I bought was the best running one of the three. Mileage has sucked ass tho 14-15 was the best I got 12-13 pulling. Now at 70,000 I'm seeing 16-17. 13-14 pulling. Complete different question off topic here but does anyone else's a/c kick out while truck is sitting at an idle driving down interstate it's great traffic jams suck major **** just started this this yr. any ideas ****er freezing up or some ****
My a/c kicks out also

mckeddie said:

I am curious how they could pick out a deleted truck going down the interstate at 70 mph.

Recently deleted my 12 at 67k. Mpg is better and throttle response is MUCH better. Did delete pipe on the exhaust and it sounds the same to me. Got all my stuff through XDP.

dwa2469 said:
I am curious how they could pick out a deleted truck going down the interstate at 70 mph.

I would say if it was possible, it would be more for commercial use at weigh stations and truck stops. I don't think the DOT s worried or can even interfere with noncommercial vehicles, and the highway patrolmen I know could care less what exhaust you are running as long as you are not operating recklessly (speeding, tailgating, improperly loaded vehicle, etc). I just dont see how they can do that on the fly at 70 mph, I guess its easier with Dodges since they rarely reach speeds that high and or spend a lot of time on the side of the highway anyway :stir: :stir:

I'm literally in this same boat. My warranty is passed on my '11 Ram. I'm plenty pleased with it power and response wise, my biggest concern is the emissions crap becoming a problem down the road or shortening the life of my truck.

I don't want loud, I don't want coal, I don't want it obscene. I want the same truck with better reliability. Better gas mileage is a bonus to me.

I keep hearing about all these different tuners and stuff where it's better, faster, sounds better, etc. When I hear that from someone it tells me that we are not wanting the same things.

Are there any legal choices? Or are all deletes illegal? Truck does some business work .