• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

tough talk, LOL

blacksheep10

XBJRA champ/ 555 and team Nasty codriver
Kansas, where we know how to wheel, nowhere to go
so after EMJ quoted me $3.98/ft for the DOM I have been inquiring about, I sent this email back to the guy setting up my account:

Matthew,
My KS retail tax number is xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I want to set up an account with EMJ because of the wide range of products that your company carries. What concerns me initially is that the quote on 200' of DOM tubing was more than 35%/ft more than one of your competitors for the same material in the same quantity. If my small business isn't going to get the voume required to get a price break (I can't imagine a 35% break anyway) then maybe I need to shop elsewhere. I am pretty sure you quoted me $3.95/ft for 1 3/4" DOM 1020 round tubing in a wall of .120". One of your competitors quoted $2.85/ft for the same material. If this is too far out of your ballpark I won't go through with troubling you guys for an account. Please reply and tell me if I am on the right track and we can get together or if we are going to call it a wash
Thank you for your time,
Kelly Kaiser
Vertical Limits Inc.

He replies back very promptly with a quote of a DOLLAR less per foot, plus $18 for delivery from north KC (1 hour away) :eek: HOLY ****. That's $200 over the order of 200' (if my math is correct :flipoff1:). while he was at it he set up my account and gave me all my info and set up a shipment. Fawesome! I still have to charge tax on the sale of the tube, but that's part of it. Fawk yeah thumb.gif

thats awesome dude....sometimes you need to talk dirty to 'em...............

I need a hook up like that....a cage for the Z is in the future... :drinkers:

Brian

Man I have to do that routinely at work. Call the fools out, and then they realize they aren't going to pull one over on ya, and they playball. Good job.

MattS and I went in on 500'?? way back when through EMJ and they really came through. Best part was Matt came down, to haul it all back to Omaha, and built my shitty XO for free.

$18 for delivery? You can't even drive to JoCo for that! NICE!

1TONZR2 said:
will do....but I am hoping it will be sooner, rather than later.

Brian
Miles is taking a trailer down on the 19th of JAN, how soon you talking :flipoff1: we get that way a fair amount :drinkers:

Bones said:
through EMJ and they really came through.
guess I need to price some 2" 7075 T6 for wyatt's links.

Okay, I'm your new hookup for 7075 T6 aluminum solid links. Branik is at $30/ft, locally wyatt only found $36/ft. I can do them for $25/ft 6' minumum. Threading and tapping prices aren't set yet. Prices are of course fluid, so a price quote is neccessary every time unless I have the material on hand.

I just found out from my dad the reason we got such a killer price is our **** was ran thru under the B/E Aerospace account....... No wonder noone would do $2.85 a foot off the street :eat: Glad they got that **** down for ya, $3ish is still a killer price for DOM

CHEAPER THAN FAWKING DIESEL!!! :eek: