• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tow rig repower

Travis

Here's what I've been working on lately, while seriously neglecting keeping my jeep in top shape.
DSC01290.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

That is awesome, where did you get the motor?

So is it wired and running now? What did you have to do for gauges and all that? I bet that was a beast of a swap...

I bought the motor off Craigslist. And its a '08 6.7, even though the valve cover is '03.

It is currently at a diesel shop in TN being wired. All the stock guages will still work. When you get in the truck, it will look like any other 05-up SD.

The truck originally had an automatic. I destroyed it last Oct, and swapped in a ZF6. I kept that trans with the new motor.

Yeah I have heard a lot of bad **** about the EGR and Cats on those things, what did you do there? I love the Cummins Badges on that beast, I bet people are like WTF is up with that....

Really neat swap, PowerJoke's bring the suck

Yep he took all the EGR crap off the motor. Should be a sweet setup that still rides good and stays together. I will be in line to buy it when he sells it. ;D

I just traded up my 05' F350 with the 6.n0 for an 05' 3500 cummin's for the same reason. Should have put a cummins in the 350 but im not a baller like travis. loller.gif

All the 6.7 intake, egr, emissions bs, turbo is gone. Replaced with 03 5.9 stuff.

I don't have any more pics as of yet.

looks clean Travis. When we going to crack town chattanooga in that thing again? Did you ever put air ride in the rear seat ?

One of my guys had to move my truck the other day. He asked me later that day what the hell was wrong with my truck. All I could say was.....its a 6.0, you are lucky it actually started.

Best thing you could have done for that truck IMO. I was at a tractor pull the other weekend in TN and there was a pulling truck that was an F-350 with a 5.9 Cummins and and Allison Tranny. THat right there is a truck.

Guy came to the shop a couple of years ago. I looked at one of my coworkers and said "That powerstroke sure does sound funny." I went out to investigate. 5.9 Cummins. Dealership wouldn't warranty the problem he had so he said Fawk it Ima do a swap. Looked real clean and had a factory appearance. I love my Cummins! pepper.gif

The 6.7 is turning out to be really strong. My friends' 08 has no DPF or anything and he blew my doors off :mad:, but he has an edge, PPE and water alcohol, and I had PPE on 90 Hp, so not very fair but his is a heavy ass dually mega cab.

Marty said:
The 6.7 is turning out to be really strong. My friends' 08 has no DPF or anything and he blew my doors off :mad:, but he has an edge, PPE and water alcohol, and I had PPE on 90 Hp, so not very fair but his is a heavy ass dually mega cab.

Thats because you're to scared to drive your truck :flipoff1:
You have never even limped out the tranny!! WEAK

I have tried thumb.gif Its that 6 speed ally, more industructable than they are made out to be. When I am done with the crawler it might get a PPE IV, I can get it for 2300 bucks

wizzo said:
who's doing your wiring?

chris

Beans Diesel Performance

blacksheep10 said:
cool, I was told the block was essentially the same, meaning the old common rail **** bolted up on it. I would think with that much more displacement and all custom tuning you would be able to light them up for miles :woody:
You have to be careful swapping parts over cause only certain 5.9 years are compatible with the 6.7.