• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toy Story

I had those same tires on the same truck. They were on stock 15x7 Toy wheels. I lost 6 beads in one day. It got old. They come off for a wider tire. Those have to be mounted on a 6" wheel or a dual beadlock IMO

I have a couple sets of 6ers. Older stocks that are solid centers and newer ones with cutout windows.n Also have SR5 chromies too.

Ok, got some **** done on it. I got all the power steering stuff mounted up and now I just need a IFS box to finish the package and hook up the lines. I also picked of some 1st gen rear leaf springs and some 15x6 wheels. Ill be focusing on getting all the front axle stuff pulled off so I can work on it and pull the 3rds so I can setup the gears and locker. More to come.

Thanks Chop Shop for all the help and parts!

Attachments

• PS1.jpg
    PS1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 231
  • PS2.jpg
    PS2.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 225
  • springs3.jpg
    springs3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 233
  • Springs4.jpg
    Springs4.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 235
Few more things done last night, got off my ass and went to pick and pull to find an IFS box then came home and pulled the push pull box off and cut down the driver side steering arm. All ready for some fab work now.

Attachments

• photo 22.jpg
    photo 22.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 210
  • photo 23.jpg
    photo 23.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 214
  • photo 24.jpg
    photo 24.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 220
  • photo 25.jpg
    photo 25.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Got the 3rds pulled tonight, going to take them to get washed cause they are nasty and then do gears and locker.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 202
  • photo 26.jpg
    photo 26.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 172
  • photo 27.jpg
    photo 27.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 176
  • photo 28.jpg
    photo 28.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:
Got the 3rds all done yesterday, I still need to finish up drill and tap the hole for the air fitting in the rear and then those can go back in. I think I will be pulling the trans next and getting the new 5 speed in. D&J custom design is helping with all the cutting needs for the IFS box mount, beadlocks and new skid plate.

Attachments

• photo 29.jpg
    photo 29.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 168
  • photo 31.jpg
    photo 31.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 173
  • photo 30.JPG
    photo 30.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 165
Im planning on building my own pittman arm, does anyone have a tie rod end tappered reamer I can barrow? Let me know, I am up North.

They 4runner IFS box I got had the funky pitman arm on it with TRE looking thing on it pointing up. I have all new Fj80 TREs on the way and thread incerts for DOM steering rods. I was going to pull a Crash and build a flat pitman arm.

Not sure what you mean about the gears, I had my friend do the setup on them so Ill relay the message but is there anything I should let him know spacificly on the pattern? Do toyotas like a special pattern? It looks nice and center and even to me. I know we loaded the ring gear and turned the pinion to make the pattern. We didnt really change much on the shims either.

Last edited:
The pinion pattern being centered as not so important as most think.

The pattern has a very sharp edge in the valley. The pattern needs to come on the tooth SOFT and leave the tooth SOFT. No hard impressions.

I would prefer to see it favor a heel or toe but sit centered top to bottom.

Not to mention the "arrow" that is point to the top of the tooth....Dead giveaway of too deep. Choppy said it best, not as important to be centered heel to toe as it is to have the pattern centered top to bottom on the faces...
Sample pics...These are patterns from a gearset I did this summer...

Attachments

• PHONE PICS 077.jpg
    PHONE PICS 077.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 150
  • PHONE PICS 078.jpg
    PHONE PICS 078.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 151
The gears thing makes me mad, I didnt do the gears myself cause I didnt feel good about it so I got help. And now all you guys say its jacked up. I called the guy that did the setup last night and asked him if he would take a look at them again next week. Whats another setback.

I'm just glad you posted the gear pic to begin with...Save yourself a set (or two) of gears now, rather than cost you one (or two) sets in the near future...
Keep in mind there are other 'acceptable' patterns, with the samples I posted being really close to optimum, but IMHO your pattern is not one of them...Do you by chance have a pic of the drive side (steep side of gear) pattern?

I'm just glad you posted the gear pic to begin with...Save yourself a set (or two) of gears now, rather than cost you one (or two) sets in the near future...
Keep in mind there are other 'acceptable' patterns, with the samples I posted being really close to optimum, but IMHO your pattern is not one of them...Do you by chance have a pic of the drive side (steep side of gear) pattern?

Ill take some better pics tonight of the gears, both sets.

Just remember, EVERYONE that sets up toy gears will tell you they know what they are doing.

Toy gears fall so close to acceptable so many times that they make amature installers feel like a pro.

Just have the same guy set up a d60 with spicer gears and see how he does.

I would be concerned with the ARB and bearing preloads too. This kinda work leads to "I have Arb problems" threads.

Thats ALLOT of money to trust someone with.