• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota clutch? Kevlar or OEM?

83yota1

My clutch in my truck is starting to slip after long days on the trail. I have a 83 yota pushing 35s with stock gearing (for now). I've looked into the Marlin Crawler kevlar clutches and just wanted some info or reccomendations on kevlar vs. OEM and 1200 vs. 1600 pressure plates. Thanks

Brent

The kevlar clutches have no slip. They are either on or off. If you still have the 4cyl and stock flywheel I wouldn't reccommend it.

I heard the center force presses to hard on the crank wearing the thrust bearings out. ???????????????

heep70 said:
Maybe it was the seventh year they failed :redneck:

What do you have on your 4.3?

Centerforce III dual friction

They also make the same version for the toy stuff but I have never recomended it because they heat up too easily and slip. With the chev stuff its a MUCH bigger disk

So stay away form the MC stuff huh? I'll check out the Centerforce. I didn't know about the kevlar not slipping, that would suck in alot of situations. Im going with T-case gearing here soon, so I want something that will last and not fade when it gets hot. Thanks guys.

Brent

i don't think marlin sells a kevlar clutch. they DO sell a ceramic one, i've heard it's not recommended for street use since it's really like an on/off switch. haven't heard any complaints about the standard version.

i run cheap $60 exedy clutches from ebay, they work very well.