• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota King Pins?

it is for the bottom one, and it is an awsome upgrade! no more rock knurled bottom studs and it is bigger!! marlin sells them for like $250

King Pins

it is for the bottom one, and it is an awsome upgrade! no more rock knurled bottom studs and it is bigger!! marlin sells them for like $250

This kit is made by Trail-Gear and looks like for both the top and bottom. The bottom is an entirely new cap, and the top replaces the pin in your high-steer arms.

The lower bearing retainer gets replaced, but it still bolts on in the same location, with the same 4 studs/nuts.

Got mine ordered and prepaid....just waiting for them to be released and sent so I can get them installed on my new 6shooter knuckles. I will post up my thoughts on these once I have them in my hands.

Apparently not a huge deal, as there are more posts on here about 'em then PBB, and they are all fron the OP over there!!!:haha:

Kev, dont forget the 27th! We are all meeting at the Buzz Inn, Smokey Point at 8am and then in the parking lot at 9. Meet us there. I will bring you breakfast from Buzz Inn if you do. :awesomework:

I thought it was the 26th!!!! Will you guys make up yer damn minds!!!:haha: I appreciate the offer for buzz-breaky, but I'll probably grab a breakfast burrito at the Big Rock Store :awesomework:!!!:drooling1:

I just don't get it.. Unless you are in an Ftoy competing I can't see dumping that much into yota axles... Gears and lockers you're looking at minimum $800 for something decent, then you start polishing... Over $700 in shafts, birfs and hub gears, $300 for high steer, a couple hundred for ARP studs, another $150+ in armor miscellaneous hardware and parts and now you can throw another $200 into king pins and you still have an axle that won't hold up to 40's... Gimme my tons any fawking day.. I had almost $1800 into those damned yotard axles when I slipped and tripped into the deal I did..

I hear what you're saying....unfortunately I havent slipped and tripped into a deal on some tons yet and Im into my yota axles (front and rear) for over $3500 now so its hard not to keep going.

Someday I do hope these grow up to be tons tho.... :;

Ya know a short little fawker with what at the time was a green S&N buggy told me to do it right do it once..

I only had about $1000 into my axles at the time and i should have cut my losses right then and there. In the end I figured it would have been a better deal for my sanity if I would have sold my junk at a loss and picked up a used set of 60's, tossed in a lockrite in the front and welded the rear and gone from there I'd have broken about even and could have been RAPING my truck rather than worrying about when I'm going to hear another handful of $50's break and leave me limping off the trail... :booo:

You could easily get enough to do a set of tons out of your axles... They conversion fittings for the brake lines to convert to 3AN and cheap braided lines at speedwaymotors.com The conversion flange for the front is a factory ford 60 flange, to hell with the $120 version that does the same thing.. You'd have to either shorten the long side a few inches or rebuild the front spring hanger and shackles too.

But it's really not a difficult swap, I should have done it YEARS ago. :D I hate it when porter is right... :redneck:

You could easily get enough to do a set of tons out of your axles... They conversion fittings for the brake lines to convert to 3AN and cheap braided lines at speedwaymotors.com The conversion flange for the front is a factory ford 60 flange, to hell with the $120 version that does the same thing.. You'd have to either shorten the long side a few inches or rebuild the front spring hanger and shackles too.

But it's really not a difficult swap, I should have done it YEARS ago. :D I hate it when porter is right... :redneck:

hmm, you got some free time on your hands? :cool:

If so, we might have to talk.... :awesomework:

Kev, dont forget the 27th! We are all meeting at the Buzz Inn, Smokey Point at 8am and then in the parking lot at 9. Meet us there. I will bring you breakfast from Buzz Inn if you do. :awesomework:

Boosted please keep the trail chatter out of the GTT. Thanks!

I thought it was the 26th!!!! Will you guys make up yer damn minds!!!:haha: I appreciate the offer for buzz-breaky, but I'll probably grab a breakfast burrito at the Big Rock Store :awesomework:!!!:drooling1:

Zukkev, please keep the "run" planning to the trail chatter section. Thanks

Last edited: