• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Toyota Truggy Tires

MrTbrew8

In your all's opinion what would be the biggest size tires I could put on my 84 Toyota truggy pickup without it affecting the performance of the engine drastically?...Its a 20R propane injected with a mild cam. ???

Running 42" TSL's on 456 geared tons through stock duals and a stock 22r on pane. Its no race car but it still goes. A little fast for technical crawling but perfect for getting the tires going when its needed.

i have 38.5s w/ duals, 4.7 rear case, 4.10 gears.

Never need more gear, thats for sure.

I usually crawl in double low 2nd gear. rarely use 1st, but it's nice to have.

I had a 22ret( turbo 22re) in my truggy , r151f r speed, dual cases with 4.7's in back with 4.10's in axles on 39.5's and 38.5's. The 38.5 Tsl/sx's were hands down my favorite tire to run and with my 4.7 rear case I rarely ever had to put the front case in low. My overall crawl ratio was around 197:1 in double low first gear. The turbo helped the 4cyl a little bit

My yota buggy had a 22r on pane, 5 speed, dual stock cases, 4.10's in diff and 38.5 tsl/sx's. I just kept it in double low all the time

i got a set of 36 sx on mine, dual case both has 2.28 w/529 gears in chunks its snail speed slow in first but double low and 2nd gear its fun! if i ever hit the lotto i'm going with 37 stickys tho.

This is interesting, I am working on getting stock duals in mine and was thinking about stepping up to 38's. Have stock 4.10s and am wanting to regear the axles eventually.

I'm just a rookie but I'm running stock duals with 538s wands 38.5 sx's and out suites great...i think :dblthumb:

Latest posts