• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tracy Jordan's New Buggy

Cole said:
So the base price for a Scat motor is around 23k. Damn can't hide money.
I don't think this build has a budget in any way shape or form. All the issues I have heard people say about STAK I am surprised they are running one.

I'd can't wait to see what this thing weighs when it's done. I heard today they are even making their own bolts out of cromoly and welding hex heads on them to save weight over using regular bolts.

Droopy said:
I'd can't wait to see what this thing weighs when it's done. I heard today they are even making their own bolts out of cromoly and welding hex heads on them to save weight over using regular bolts.
Now that is just pimp...

3049043382_e40bc4a7a3.jpg

The work on this thing is unbelievable and unbelievably time consuming, I could not even imagine what it would cost to have built any guesses 150k? more? :eek: I have no Idea :dunno:

EOR MFG said:
The work on this thing is unbelievable and unbelievably time consuming, I could not even imagine what it would cost to have built any guesses 150k? more? :eek: I have no Idea :dunno:

I dont know but it is certainly an exercise in excess ! Blow's my mind... It's gotta be more of a "because we can" then a "billable time" type of build. There is just no justification in it if in fact they are turning and fabricating their own hardware and **** too. INSANE but indeed very cool bling factor.

We do a lot of **** for free to get the next job with a client, etc. But none of these free perks add up to what Spidertrax has to be donating in time, consumables, materials, etc.

Very cool

I "think" it's more than just a KOH rig. Talked to some people at the beginning of the year. Heard that Tracy wanted to do a mid-rear engine Beetle buggy with almost full body and compete in Pro Mod class in W.E. Rock. His argument was it would look like a Beetle. The word was no since it wasn't front engine. So....I think it went back to the drawing board. A lot of the big guys want to compete in Pro Mod class even more so now since the payout is awesome and that is where everyone switched too. It would be kind of blah to build an unlimited class car these days. That class is dying. Now here is this build that will be ready soon for all of next season. My thinking is he will attract a lot of attention not being a run of the mill Liberty hood/Jeep hood/FJ hood or truck style buggy in the Pro Mod class. So, now he can use this ultra light buggy to bust up on Pro Mod class and introduce it at KOH. Love it or hate it...it's going to be noticeable amongst all the run of the mill body panelled rigs and it will work like a mother.

Well put Droopy, it will definately grab attention. I don't love bugs, but hopefully it will look different enough to overshadow the gayness of the hood. Tracey is one of those guys that has the capability to take the sport to the next level. Anything he does is cool IMO.

I like the look of it. We are always saying how no one is stepping out of the box and no new ideas are out. Here is a good example of that, I give it up to them. bangin bible holla or ever how that goes... loller.gif

I could give two shits what hood/front end people use, that rig is simply over the top in a mechanical and fabrication perspective.

I know when we were at the first XRRA at Grey Rock and 1,500HP beetle buggy came from tech over that small hill towards us and the front end came off the ground I was in lust. Then it broke....A LOT

InDaShop said:
ok, and now I get to wear my visor AKA: Coles "Hater cap".

I dont like it. I like the concept of light as ****, I dont like the execution, i.e. aesthetics. Looks like one of those Finland cars. Sure rolled tube is cool, but thats too much Beetle to me. If you are shooting to be a teenage girl with a pink hood with white daisys on it and go play off-highway then yeah its cute.

Tracy's a bad mofo with crazy means obviously, this car lacks looks in my mind. A year from now we'll all remember the effort to build the ubber~lite but what will stick out in my mind is hindered by aesthetics of a teenybop car.

Same goes for the BTF Nicole Johnson car.

[/hate off]

Take the fabskills, hard parts, effort and step back. They are shipping badass **** in a shitty package.

I am glad you spoke up as I feel about the same. Money- check, craftmanship-check, drivetrain-check, sponsorship-check, overall badassness-check, driver- check. But not for me. I like the sleeker looks of someone like Woodlees, or Ya'lls, MattO's and many others. They just look fast even parked. Tracy Jordan is no slouch and not going to drive some soccer mom's ride, but the whole Fafagnugen **** is not for me. .00021 thumb.gif

InDaShop said:
and sure it will get noticed, but so will bolting a 24" hot pink dildo to the hood of theTriple Nickel. Doesnt mean its good.
It's a place for Miles to sit, just has to pick an a-hole now molaugh

So this thread caught attention because Tracy Jordan just joined the board :eek:
Hell yeah