• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail closures

what options on trail closuers (seasonal)

• seasonal closure

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Tire size restriction

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • special use permits

Votes: 25 53.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're signed up for the upcoming FS chainsaw class and will go cut all of the windfall before the masses get there? Sweet!:cheer:

I'll be that guy....anything to get on the trail

Downed trees? Really?:eeek::haha: Do chainsaws scare you? You could use an axe. I understand people drive around down trees but the solution is to remove the tree, not close the trail.

Alright you can go clear the trail to get to the downed trees all of them and then start cutting them all and get this all done in under a month and a halfs time. Oh and just so you know it snowed in enumclaw last night so there might be a couple feet of snow up there still. Have Fun :cheer:

I guess you havent seen what the trails look like after a hard winter.

Alright you can go clear the trail to get to the downed trees all of them and then start cutting them all and get this all done in under a month and a halfs time. Oh and just so you know it snowed in enumclaw last night so there might be a couple feet of snow up there still. Have Fun :cheer:

lazy wheelers.....sounds like fun to me:awesomework:

lazy wheelers.....sounds like fun to me:awesomework:

Get it organized I will be there. If you can get everything in line and everyone the proper certifications and the trails clean by memorial day, You are a logistical god.

Get it organized I will be there. If you can get everything in line and everyone the proper certifications and the trails clean by memorial day, You are a logistical god.

leaving Issaquah around 5 am Friday to go to Naches for chainsaw training...4 door Dodge, who wants a ride?

Volunteer Chain Saw Certification**

Naches Ranger Station

Friday, April 22nd, 2011

8AM to about 4:30PM (may be a little later)

I.

II.

III.

IV.

V.

Meet at Naches Ranger Station (10237 US Highway 12, Naches)

Safety Procedures

Bucking Techniques

Carpool out to Field

Bucking Logs

this is the email from Sue...might want to call and see how many spots are still open...

Hello!

You are signed up to attend the Naches Volunteer Chain Saw Certification and Recertification on Friday, April 22nd!

The attached agenda tells you what you need to know - please call or email if questions!!

We still have a couple of spots open - if you want to bring a friend (who is already familiar with chain saw use), please let me know!!

Thank you!!

Susan Ranger
Recreation Planner/Trails and Wilderness Manager
Okanogan and Wenatchee National Forests
Naches Ranger District
(509) 653-1446

Why have any restrictions when restrictions aren't the problem?

Why restrict things that have nothing to do with the real issue?

I've already cleared several trees off DNR land.:flipoff: I clear them as I get to them on the trail. I don't need the FS or you to do it for me. I don't live in Enumclaw so I could care less how much it snowed today. Anyways I like snow wheeling and have a rig that can do it. I was just up in the hills this am and removed a tree. Cost to the taxpayers-zero.:kissmybutt:. It hasn't been that hard of a winter over here not many down trees.

I've already cleared several trees off DNR land.:flipoff: I clear them as I get to them on the trail. I don't need the FS or you to do it for me. I don't live in Enumclaw so I could care less how much it snowed today. Anyways I like snow wheeling and have a rig that can do it. I was just up in the hills this am and removed a tree. Cost to the taxpayers-zero.:kissmybutt:. It hasn't been that hard of a winter over here not many down trees.

Go clear them all superman:fawkdancesmiley: This is the point you are the exception not the rule. Rules are made for the majority of users.

EDIT: Rules are made for the Majority of problems caused by the Minority of Users. The F.S. has said if work is done by memorial day there is a possible opening so lets do it.

Last edited:
But to answer the O.P. question I think working with the F.S./D.N.R to Make two trails or a "Winter Bypass" through problem areas may be a good idea.

You have your summer trail "softer area" that would be used in the summer and winter trail "More Hardpan/firm area" This would alleviate damage and allow nature to "Heal".

We would have to figure out a way to block these alternate routes effectively but im sure there is a genious somewhere in this group that could figure it out.

There is no way they're opening the trails I'm interested in by memorial. There is still too much snow (for the FS). Knock yourself out helping the FS, I'll just keep clearing them as I get to them, and I'm not even FS certified to run a saw.

But to answer the O.P. question I think working with the F.S./D.N.R to Make two trails or a "Winter Bypass" through problem areas may be a good idea.

You have your summer trail "softer area" that would be used in the summer and winter trail "More Hardpan/firm area" This would alleviate damage and allow nature to "Heal".

We would have to figure out a way to block these alternate routes effectively but im sure there is a genious somewhere in this group that could figure it out.

Reasonable idea.

There is no way they're opening the trails I'm interested in by memorial. There is still too much snow (for the FS). Knock yourself out helping the FS, I'll just keep clearing them as I get to them, and I'm not even FS certified to run a saw.

My point exactly why are we on a topic of what they have already done when we should be focusing on ways to prevent it next year. Which I feel was the intentions of this thread.

So you think this is a viable solution that we should bring up to the FS? Just let everyone bring their chainsaw without training and the trees will all disapear? How is this different from year past? How well did that work then?
I'm not trying to pick on you or your ideas but sometimes it helps to think things through.

So you think this is a viable solution that we should bring up to the FS? Just let everyone bring their chainsaw without training and the trees will all disapear? How is this different from year past? How well did that work then?
I'm not trying to pick on you or your ideas but sometimes it helps to think things through.

Maybe have chainsaw certs multiple times during the summer and then have two full weekend work party's with a full set of wheelers ready to "work to wheel" We could call it the anual Work to Wheel Nachees work party.

We need a plentifull supply of certified wheelers. at least 100-150 to at all be succesfull next year. Those people that "work to wheel can also assist in breaking trail with the U.S.F.S to designate what trails should be open and when.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.