• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail-gear housing

Brian H

So wheeling this weekend was good except for a bent trail-gear housing. It was a simple trail and we hit a root wad under throttle....(not to aggressive) but it bent alot. I wondering if someone else has dont this. Is the metal to soft....or something else. I did call them to see what they will do....they said send it back and we will give you another after they look at it. It will just cost to much to ship back and forth so we will have Bobby Long straighten it and truss it. Im just really confused as to why it bent so easy. I have beat a stock toyota housings alot harder than that..

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11581652#post11581652

So it bent back pretty easy with the 12ton jack. Normally the the stock toyota fronts Bobby has to use the 20ton jack to straighten those. The jack even left a bit of a dent in the tubing. IMHO it seems kinda soft material. Its all trussed up now so it whould be plenty strong.

So it bent back pretty easy with the 12ton jack. Normally the the stock toyota fronts Bobby has to use the 20ton jack to straighten those. The jack even left a bit of a dent in the tubing. IMHO it seems kinda soft material. Its all trussed up now so it whould be plenty strong.

Yes it was easy to straighten, it was petty soft.

Copied from pirate.

If enough side load was applied to the rear passenger side causing the axle to move towards the driver side, the passenger lower would want to extend in length while the upper wants to shorten thus causing the rearward bend to the housing.

:awesomework:

Copied from pirate.

If enough side load was applied to the rear passenger side causing the axle to move towards the driver side, the passenger lower would want to extend in length while the upper wants to shorten thus causing the rearward bend to the housing.

:awesomework:

That sounds like the typical horse **** that the web wheelers on Pirate would come up with.:rolleyes: Were you in a sideways power slide when it bent? You do need more triangulation so spreading out the lowers would help that but this isn't enough to bend the tube. Your upper link mounts are flimsy as all hell and if anything it should have ripped one of them in half. I think the tube material is not up to par IMHO.

That sounds like the typical horse **** that the web wheelers on Pirate would come up with.:rolleyes: Were you in a sideways power slide when it bent? You do need more triangulation so spreading out the lowers would help that but this isn't enough to bend the tube. Your upper link mounts are flimsy as all hell and if anything it should have ripped one of them in half. I think the tube material is not up to par IMHO.

Pm sent.....

What it all adds up to is yes the axle will bind in it's travel the way it's set up as most do. Some are just worse than others. My point is even if it binds it should not bend the tube like that.

What it all adds up to is yes the axle will bind in it's travel the way it's set up as most do. Some are just worse than others. My point is even if it binds it should not bend the tube like that.

Bobby fixed that.:awesomework:

trussedaxle1.jpg

trussedaxle.jpg

tranny frank has some lube that would have fixed that for ya.
Just join his cult and you're good for life.

.250 wall tube really isnt that thick for an axle tube. Reinforce your upper link mounts

According to Camo it was caused by bottoming out your suspension. Stop jumping it at Evans ass clown :flipoff:

.250 wall tube really isnt that thick for an axle tube. Reinforce your upper link mounts

According to Camo it was caused by bottoming out your suspension. Stop jumping it at Evans ass clown :flipoff:

He is a tg nut swinger:haha:.... Learn from mistakes.....it will be built better this time around. Im redoing the shock mounts.