• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Trail gear, What do you Think?

high steer ,ifs box mount,sliders,shackles,brakelines,knuckle studs,and
just ordered(last night) 5" classic rear lift kit- tg
they have been excellent in service.

Had good luck with both, though got put on hold with Marlin, after ~10 minutes of listening to Mario Bros. music, hung up and called back a couple hours later. MC sent wrong part, but was great about immediately sending out correct replacement within a day.

Customer Service

the question should be which costumer service is better? tg or marlin.
personnally better costumer service is what it's about.marlin probably makes a better product but if you can't reach them when you have a problem,you go to a lesser product with better custumer service...

If customer service is a concern buy these parts from a local shop that stocks and sells them. I can name a few......

The only problem with TG so far was their tapped IFS box blew a seal.
they want me to send it back, and i keep forgetting.
We'll see how good the customer service is shortly...
When it comes to gears, shafts, doubler, etc, I'd definnately go with marlin, just because....

placed a large order with TG a few months back. Got to me in 4 days and it was 100% correct. Got a tracking number and a receipt with it as well (ordered online) for my records.

Marlins site didnt give me either of those items and took well over 7 days to reach me. I had to contact a rep via the forum to figure out if my order even went through or not and it took him over a day to respond.

For most parts I'll use TG.

For the dual setup marlin or nothing:awesomework:

i ordered a VSS from marlin and had an issue with it. got ahold of them twice and they couldnt figure it out. 10 months later marlin himself called me to ask if i had ever figured it out because he was cleaning out someones office and found the box i returned. he said he was very upset that it never got handled, and we figured out the issue. i was still able to use the vss i had, but he sent me out a new one and the aluminum housing it threads into. i run trail gear springs, but after that interaction with marlin i couldnt see buyin much else from anyone but them.

all the stuff i bought from foothill motorsports was from tg. always awesome service. tried the marlin thing and finaly said **** it....got put on hold 3 times within 1 week tryin to place a order of over 1k bucks....well i busted my ass for that $ so im not gonna get shoved down the line.....had all my tg stuff here in 3 days from the time i sent money via paypal....my buddy has pretty much the same suspension set up as i got..but with marlin products...and i havnt seen anything yet to prove to me why i shoulda spent an extra 358 bucks on the same stuff i got from tg....just my opinion.

I've had no issues with Trail-gear.... I a little bias since i am a trail-gear dealer. I work with them on a weekly basis and have had no bad expirences. they miss-shipped an order once and were VERY quick to resolve the issue.

I've dealt with both companies on more than one occasion. TG's customer service is top notch for sure...their parts are not however. What I've bought from Marlin has all been very quality stuff but for the most part their customer service sucks ass. That was a couple years ago however so maybe they have turned it around abit

just my 02

Most of the parts on my rig are from Trail Gear. I also have some from Marlin Crawler and All Pro as well. I have had excellent customer service from Trail Gear with some of their FJ80 TRE's not lasting as long as I would have hoped. The wheel bearings and trunnion bearings have held up fine so far (fingers crossed).

My experiences last year with TG/ Marlin were as follows:

1. Order driveline kit from TG, fair overall quality, arrived on time.

2. Order 23 spline t-case input from TG vendor, arrived after a week.

3. Order/ try to order clocked adapter/ T-case rebuild kit from Marlin, Takes nearly three MONTHS when told three to four WEEKS.

T-case adapter arrives without coupler, coupler arrives almost month later. Coupler was not "forgotten", just backordered. (WTF would I do with an adapter and no coupler/ input?:rolleyes: )

Go to assemble t-cases and shift rail hole is not machined all the way through. I say **** it and file a significant amount and assemble.

If you switched the names around you would probably never buy form one of these vendors again.

I know of a few peeps that have had issues with there toy t-case double kit.

A friend of mine just bought there ram assist kit,box, pump, res.,ram and loved the ease of install and quality was top notch.

I think there rock assault housing is pimp and hope the matching front comes out soon.Cause I would like to run both in my zuke buggy build im starting.

Ive heard people say the creaper joints arent any good,personally im going to try them out on my build and see what happens and ill let you guys know my opinion on them.

If you dont know I am trail gear dist. so youll see all kinds of T.G. candy on my build "mistress" I will give an un bias opinion on all the parts I recieve and use.

Bottom line there service is top notch,wich is very important for me.Ive dropped a few vendors that havnt givin me good service.Like most I dont have the spare time to sit around on hold or have to waite for answers to my ?'s.

The T.G. product I have personal experiance on so far is the 6.5:1 t-case set for the zuke.Install was a breeze very complete kit no problems.

I have also installed there ifs eleminator kit on a freinds 4-runner and a lift for the back end.Again very complete kit install went well.That was an ass load of work cutting all the ifs stuff off.After that it went very smooth.

A a rep from 4wheel parts told me that TG makes the parts for marlin and allpro which makes sence because my brother-in-law bought 5" marlin rear springs my little brother bought 5" allpro and I bought 5" TG and if it hadnt been for the part # on the springs I swear we would have mixed them up! they are almost identical!!

Datin supplies a lot of the parts to both Marlin and TG. I'd imagine they supply some to allpoo aswell.

Marlins products are generally better quality but geting ahold of them is a bastid sometimes although I have never had any issue with it I know many that have.

TG will pretty much suck you off if you threaten to badmouth them, just like wal-mart does. Mostly chinese junk with a lifetime warranty. :haha:

My main bitch with TG has little to do with the products though it has to do with ethics and honesty which there is little of with that company.

and they all have better ethics then TG does:flipoff: .

then again some people do not care about that and are just concerned with saving a couple of dollars. I prefer not to buy from a company that like that but that is just me. If you want to buy from them go right ahead on and do it, no skin off my ass. Hell I do not and will not buy from most of them anyway any more except Bobby since I will no longer run toy stuff in my rig (after this winter:fawkdancesmiley: )) . Toy stuff is great but I guess that I am pushing it past where it is reliable and am stepping up stronger products.

X2 I am with ya. Love the Yota junk but I am finding that I am pushing beyond it's limits. With TG I get zero sense of customer appreciation. Even after dropping 2G's in this economy.