• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trail riding

stump jumper

350TBI, TURBO 400, 60/14/, 205/BLACKBOX, ON 42'S
Hey guys I have just recently sold my buggy due to looking to getting into some riding me my 19 month old son and wife can all enjoy. So I want to get into trail riding again. When I say trail riding I mean driving a rig with less than 38 inch tires to a trail and riding for a night/day and driving it back home in preferably one piece. Do people do this any more or do I need to just break down and get me another trailer queen to haul to only private parks and hit hardcore trails. I just want to tone it back down to the good old days. Another questions if people are doing this type of driving/wheeling where at cause im in north west bama. Any and all reply's are welcome

I do it 7-10 times a year and have a lot of fun, but I'm getting tired of worring about not making it home. Parks are getting real tough to wheel in a dd... just my two cents

Parks have got really ruff. Years ago there were a lot of places around here to ride that were not parks, just local trails people rode. Over the years we just started going to the parks and building rigs bigger and bigger. There used to be a lot of trails in Bank head Forrest people used to ride "not real ruff just fun for 33's or a lil bigger" but bout a year ago we rode around there and could only find dirt roads.

You may be right but I sure want to try. Just seems like I use to have much more fun with a whole lot less invested.

My buddies talk about going back to how it was all the time. We always end up at conclusion that there's no going back. Sure was fun back when when started out on 35's and budget lifts.

Re: Re: trail riding

Thats where I'm at now. Used to take pride in wheeling it hard on the weekend then drivin to work Monday.

All the people I wanted to ride with had 39"+ tire/ton stuff so I bought a truck/trailer and I'm in the process of swapping out my half ton stuff for the typical 60/14 bolt ****.

I can justify the cost cuz I'm still havin fun.

There doing some riding like this at Dry Creek, near Waterloo, AL. I think anyway, I've talked to several folks who have been riding down there. They drive down then drive home. IDK about exactly where though, I haven't been in years but I think its a good place to ride again, the law is not hassling people anymore as long as your not riding up/down the creek.

Man good times can be brought back. My proof is some of the guys I work with have went back and started riding 3wheelers again. lol They have a ball.

I have been thinking bout trying waterloo out again "its been a long time"
Thanks for all the input

Which side of bankhead forest? Cause if it's anywhere close to me I can carry you around and ride just near about all night long. We have several trails around our side from rocky creeks to some un climeable hills with just small lifted and locked Cherokees . But I'm on the Addison Danville side

That's what i'm talking bout. I am more toward the east franklin molten side but heck I aint scared to drive there. I don't think Danville is no more than an hour from here .

rednecklights said:
if you come this way to ride bankhead you'd better call me!
If we plan on riding at 6pm we will have to tell you to be there at 10am :flipoff1:

Re: Re: trail riding

There is lots of riding like that around here.

Did about a 20 mile trip Saturday through hickory flats to allred to alpine.

Stock Tacoma and stock WJ on m/t s

Didn't do any of the creek beds, just the main trails

geza9uda.jpg

I've had more fun this year wheelin' my stock WJ on some m/t's than I thought possible. Like TBIToy said, we have miles and miles of trails that can be wheeled in stock-ish vehicles with decent tires.
Hell, we've even surprised ourselves with how well a stockish rig will go with decent tires and the right lines.

So let me get this right....I almost have mine finished and you and Kevin both have sold your buggies now ??

gdf said:
So let me get this right....I almost have mine finished and you and Kevin both have sold your buggies now ??
Just hang on one minute! :flipoff1: I am Starting on my other one. I got this little ol Tj to pass time by till my next one is done. You know how I like to buy/sale/horse trade. :****:

gdf said:

Yeah the $ to fun ratio had got way out of balance for me. How much more you like on yours?