• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trails disscusion

no, never have. Im too cheap to tow that far. it doesnt look like its gonna get cheaper to tow either:booo:

I just dont get it, if you drive on a stump at elbe you burned at the stake. if you blaze a new trail at reiter where ever with no impact study etc, its perfectly OK. I dont understand that part. I mean they are both DNR land, right?:awesomework:

Where did it say it was ok to blaze a new trail at reiter on dnr land?

Where did it say it was ok to blaze a new trail at reiter on dnr land?

I don't think that he knew the OM was sanctioned as a trail before the clearcut, and that it is a legal trail that is included in the DNR Trails for Reiter. There was some slight confusion for those of us not involved up there.

please dale explain when and what was I driving when you warned me of my direction on the busy.

At the start of all the Elbe restriction stuff, you got all bent on me whining about me being a tattletaler... After you spent days cursing at me, calling me names and making comments about the "Holy Rollers" screwing up Cranberry Lake etc (all of it based on completely WRONG information, but you didn't care) I finally got you to tell me what had you so pissed. You told me in a PM that we found you and a few buddies going the wrong way on the busy and I and a couple of the guys from my club made a point of telling you that you were going the wrong way. Per your PM that's where you started the tattle-on-a-wheeler crap. So don't tell me that you haven't driven the busy backwards since the clearcut. It was you who told me that you were pissed at me and my club because we confronted you about running the busy in the wrong direction.

first= Dale lumped me in with his drunk wheelers post, I know he never said I was drunk/drinking, but compared my behavior with that of a drunk. and put the two of us together.

Get your panties out of a wad and re-read the post. I used the example of drinking on the trails to continue a point about people who don't think rules apply when they're out in the woods, that we should just be able to do whatever we want. Your comments online (not behavior on a trail because I haven't wheeled with you) suggest that type of attitude.

two= the dog pound fellars were the ones ill prepared and if you can explain where the bypasses are on the swamp trail, please do. the trail is not out lined well there and is over 100 feet wide for about 300 feet. We never drove up trees, there group was mad cuz they were stuck and we drove right through cuz we had big tires. so that makes us villians.

Yep, the Dog Pound guys were ill prepared and we blocking the way. Don't give me BS about not knowing where to go or not to go. You posted that you went up through the trees around them because you say other tracks there. You didn't drive THROUGH, you drove AROUND and clearly off the trail. You admitted that you intentionally drove off the trail to go around them because you didn't want to wait or turn around and they refused your help. I don't care about someone making a mistake due to a lack of knowledge about what's right and wrong on the trail but I DO care about the attitude (and you still continue to do so) that you don't care about the rules even if you DO know them. You've said that you'd run the busy even if you didn't fit the proposed restrictions... same thing. You said that you'd never do anything about someone wheeling illegally on the trails, doing things like mudding or going off the trail, etc. It's all of our responsibilities to self police since the "police" don't have the manpower to enforce the rules. If the rules are followed the results are trail closures so WE have to help out.

four= your right you and jobless never mentioned anything about private land.

Whether you like it or not, private land is not free from rules. I don't know if the property you were playing on is affected by any of this or not so CLEARLY understand this, it's NOT about your activities on that property that I make these statements.
1. Most natural mudbogs that people play in on their own property are PROBABLY wetlands be definition. I know because I own 20 acres of "seasonal" mud-bogs and I've had the county come out and shut down my activities on MY private property because it MIGHT be wetland.
2. Noise rules apply. When it comes to running non-street legal vehicles on private land there are minimum acreages that apply. IIRC you must have at least 5 acres to run a quad on your own property and it can't be run 500' from the nearest neighbor etc., or something along those lines.
3. Allowable usage rules apply in terms of what usage that property is zoned for.

Just because it's private doesn't mean there's no rules.

That's all just an aside...

I just dont get it, if you drive on a stump at elbe you burned at the stake.

Your friend wasn't burned at the stake for driving on a stump, he was educated that you can't drive on a stump if the stump is OFF THE TRAIL. It actually had very little if anything to do with driving on a stump. It had EVERYTHING to do with doing so clearly OFF the trail.

He argued that he didn't do any damage but that wasn't the point. The point was that he intentionally went completely off the trail to drive on the stump. The amount of damage actually done is not the point at all. After it was pointed out, he realized the mistake and as far as I'm concerned and it looks like everyone else was as well, that was a done deal. You make a mistake, whoops, I'm sorry, didn't realize it now I do; and everyone moves on.

03Ruby decided to get on a soap box about that time and here we are 30 some pages later.

Temporary lock down so people can cool off for a bit. Please dont start another. They will be deleted everyone try to have a nice day:cheer:

So I have a correction to make. It wasn't Chop Shop that I talked to about going the wrong way on the busy, it was some friends of his and they said something to him. So, I stand corrected on that point. My mistake and I apologized to him for that.

Wanting to make sure that the record is straight.

So I have a correction to make. It wasn't Chop Shop that I talked to about going the wrong way on the busy, it was some friends of his and they said something to him. So, I stand corrected on that point. My mistake and I apologized to him for that.

Wanting to make sure that the record is straight.

Thanks Dale, that's pretty white of you. :cool:
Can't we all just get along?

It is sad to see the trails get more and more beat down as dudes build bigger and badder **** then go and try and find challenges for it. I did the same thing, built a super rig that could roll through everything (discaimer: well, not everything, but you get the point). Guess what? Nothing was a challenge anymore! So I had to try and find things to challenge it and that ment lines tha no one else would do (discaimer: I know not NO one, but not most). I reverted backwards, and mothballed the buggy and built a mild truck that actually requires some skill and finesse to get up and through, put me as a driver back to the test, made me have to make good line decisions and maybe not make everything I attempt anymore, but challenge me when I do attempt it. Wild buggies in Washington are kinda un-necessary except in a very few spots and kinda make wheeling boring. I like a challenge so I changed to make it that way rather than change the trails to suit me.

It is sad to see the trails get more and more beat down as dudes build bigger and badder **** then go and try and find challenges for it. I did the same thing, built a super rig that could roll through everything (discaimer: well, not everything, but you get the point). Guess what? Nothing was a challenge anymore! So I had to try and find things to challenge it and that ment lines tha no one else would do (discaimer: I know not NO one, but not most). I reverted backwards, and mothballed the buggy and built a mild truck that actually requires some skill and finesse to get up and through, put me as a driver back to the test, made me have to make good line decisions and maybe not make everything I attempt anymore, but challenge me when I do attempt it. Wild buggies in Washington are kinda un-necessary except in a very few spots and kinda make wheeling boring. I like a challenge so I changed to make it that way rather than change the trails to suit me.

This makes tons of sence, and one of the reasons i don't want a buggy and will, for the most part, keep my rig the way it is.

I have a feeling that this will soon become the norm. If not by choice then by regulation by the enitys that control our public lands and make the rules and laws that govern them.

It is sad to see the trails get more and more beat down as dudes build bigger and badder **** then go and try and find challenges for it. I did the same thing, built a super rig that could roll through everything (discaimer: well, not everything, but you get the point). Guess what? Nothing was a challenge anymore! So I had to try and find things to challenge it and that ment lines tha no one else would do (discaimer: I know not NO one, but not most).

well said Brad. I think a great example of this is 676 in Naches. that trail is torn to **** and it happened within a span of 5 years. not blaming the buggy guys (don't hate), just that everybody and their bro is into wheelin now and the tech is there to build a very capable "bolt together" rig. :corn:

People who say "I built a buggy and now nothing is a challenge" are simply full of it. When you first get to that level of wheeling it seems this way because the rig is more capable than your driving skills. After you learn to drive the rig and actually find it's limitations you will find that point and shoot stuff just isn't true. There are many places that will still be challenging and many ways to make things challenging if you want to.
Blaming the vehicle for making wheeling boring is just a weak cop out.
Vehicles don't damage trails, people do. :stirpot:

People who say "I built a buggy and now nothing is a challenge" are simply full of it. When you first get to that level of wheeling it seems this way because the rig is more capable than your driving skills. After you learn to drive the rig and actually find it's limitations you will find that point and shoot stuff just isn't true. There are many places that will still be challenging and many ways to make things challenging if you want to.
Blaming the vehicle for making wheeling boring is just a weak cop out.
Vehicles don't damage trails, people do. :stirpot:

You obviously are missing the point of my post. (you know the parts I put in paraenthesis to avoid stupid insipid replies like this) The point is the majority of our trails are no longer a challenge so to wheel with the majority of my friends I am bored. I was not saying that nothing is a challenge. just that the majority of washington trails are not going to challenge a buggy on 42's. I might add that my experience starts over 15 years ago with a stock 82 toyota and I've been off road ever since.

Last edited: