• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

trails disscusion

I spent more time rescueing people sunday than wheelin and of course had to g off to get them, tried as much as possible not to spin. That dammed hole is getting deep near the creek crossing on wall trail.

100_2146.jpg

100_2148.jpg

This is where the mentality if people like CHOP SHOP will eventually kill the sport if they don't change.

- I'll wheel where ever I want.
- If someone's wheeling off the trail I will NOT do anything about it.
- If someone's in my way, I'll go off the trail to go around them rather than wait or turn around.

I'm not going to go back and find all the threads over the last 6 months that he said this but this is what he said. You may recall one about him getting into it with guys from the dog pound on the swamp trail at Elbe. Guys were stuck so he admitedly drove up through the trees to get get around and the excuse... other people had already gone that way. We talk with him about going the wrong way on the busy and the answer was, "yeah, we know."

The really sad part, is that he's not alone in thinking this way. That mentality absolutely MUST change. The idea that rules don't apply when you're out in the woods just doesn't cut it. It's the same withing drinking on the trails. For those of you who do garbarge runs, we all know what the majority of what we pick up along the trail are BEER cans! They're not from hikers, or bikers, they're from wheelers. If they're stupid enough and ignorant enough to drink on the trail and toss their cans out the window it's no wonder they're stupid enough and ignorant enough to drive off the trails, not use tree savers and drive like idiots regardless of resource damage.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone but drinking on the trails and stupidity on the trails go hand in hand. I hope the enforcement efforts at Evan's Creek hits hard this year and that they nail a TON of people for drinking and driving on the trails or FS roads. It will literally clean up the filth. We can't separate the cause of the resource damage from the stupidity and ignorance of those who cause it.

PS, I drink just in case you thought I had something against drinking.:beer:

This is where the mentality if people like CHOP SHOP will eventually kill the sport if they don't change.

- If someone's in my way, I'll go off the trail to go around them rather than wait or turn around.

I'm not going to go back and find all the threads over the last 6 months that he said this but this is what he said. You may recall one about him getting into it with guys from the dog pound on the swamp trail at Elbe. Guys were stuck so he admitedly drove up through the trees to get get around and the excuse... other people had already gone that way. We talk with him about going the wrong way on the busy and the answer was, "yeah, we know."

The really sad part, is that he's not alone in thinking this way. That mentality absolutely MUST change. The idea that rules don't apply when you're out in the woods just doesn't cut it. It's the same withing drinking on the trails. For those of you who do garbarge runs, we all know what the majority of what we pick up along the trail are BEER cans! They're not from hikers, or bikers, they're from wheelers. If they're stupid enough and ignorant enough to drink on the trail and toss their cans out the window it's no wonder they're stupid enough and ignorant enough to drive off the trails, not use tree savers and drive like idiots regardless of resource damage.

I know this doesn't apply to everyone but drinking on the trails and stupidity on the trails go hand in hand. I hope the enforcement efforts at Evan's Creek hits hard this year and that they nail a TON of people for drinking and driving on the trails or FS roads. It will literally clean up the filth. We can't separate the cause of the resource damage from the stupidity and ignorance of those who cause it.

I could not agree more about Chop and people like him. I will defend drinking on the trail as our whole group enjoys beers through the course of the day and we are constantly picking up others **** on the trail, I guess it's the diffrence between drinking and getting drunk and druken wheelers are ass holes. just like to get a head start before getting drunk in camp..lol

I guess it's the diffrence between drinking and getting drunk and druken wheelers are ass holes. just like to get a head start before getting drunk in camp..lol

Watch out Jason! The web mob with torches will attack such comments as blasphemous actions only tolerrated by those of the underworld...

:haha: :haha: :redneck: :redneck:

Watch out Jason! The web mob with torches will attack such comments as blasphemous actions only tolerrated by those of the underworld...

:haha: :haha: :redneck: :redneck:
Drinking on the trail is an entirely different thread but it has some crossover into this one.

You cannot "DEFEND" drinking on the trail any more than you can "DEFEND" drinking on the road, same rules apply. Yes there is a difference between having a drink and being drunk so as long as rules/laws aren't broken, I have no beef. I guess the jury is still out on an open container on the trail in terms of legality but care and control of a motor vehicle while under the influence applies anywhere, public or private land.

I think driving along the trail with a beer in your hand displays a negative image whether it's illegal or not.

Drinking on the trail is an entirely different thread but it has some crossover into this one.

You cannot "DEFEND" drinking on the trail any more than you can "DEFEND" drinking on the road, same rules apply. Yes there is a difference between having a drink and being drunk so as long as rules/laws aren't broken, I have no beef. I guess the jury is still out on an open container on the trail in terms of legality but care and control of a motor vehicle while under the influence applies anywhere, public or private land.

I think driving along the trail with a beer in your hand displays a negative image whether it's illegal or not.

I know it's a different thread (in fact I started it :haha:). I was just making the comment since it is such a fiercely argued issue every time someone mentions it... :redneck: :redneck:

Yeah I remember that thread and how heated it was. I do most of my beer drinking out of the Jeep on pee breaks and such. I would drink more while driving but it shakes my beer up too much and I hate flat beer :redneck: . I'm a self proclaimed alcoholic and could never get drunk or even over the legal limit drinking a 6 pack over the course of a day. That comes back at camp when we take the lid off the BV and throw it away.

Yeah I remember that thread and how heated it was. I do most of my beer drinking out of the Jeep on pee breaks and such. I would drink more while driving but it shakes my beer up too much and I hate flat beer :redneck: . I'm a self proclaimed alcoholic and could never get drunk or even over the legal limit drinking a 6 pack over the course of a day. That comes back at camp when we take the lid off the BV and throw it away.

You crack me up.

Dale, any respect I had for YOU or our crusade just went out the window. I havent drank a beer for over 8 years. I am not a drinker at all. if you knew half as much as you think you do you would have a clue. you are so new to this whole sport. you amaze me with some of the **** you spew.:puke:

Dale, any respect I had for YOU or our crusade just went out the window. I havent drank a beer for over 8 years. I am not a drinker at all. if you knew half as much as you think you do you would have a clue. you are so new to this whole sport. you amaze me with some of the **** you spew.:puke:

I didn't see anywhere where Dale said you were drinking........ Some people kinda assumed you might from your actions but apparently yer stupid when sober too..... The part about you was about going off the trail and the mentality of "screw everyone else"

I didn't see anywhere where Dale said you were drinking........ Some people kinda assumed you might from your actions but apparently yer stupid when sober too..... The part about you was about going off the trail and the mentality of "screw everyone else"

Don't bother with him. He did the same **** in his thread and called two of us out, saying he was wheeling on private property. Funny thing was no one had mentioned anything about that. He never apologized, and he lost all respect I had for him. Funny he goes and does the same thing to some one else two days later. I think the best way to get rid of him is ignore his posts all together. Skip em don't read em and pretend he does not exist.

(Chop Shop) Brads nickname is Shitlips.:kiss:

"you amaze me with some of the **** you spew.:puke: "

I NEVER said that YOU drink at all.

Beside, who said you ever had any respect for me as it is?

Don't bother with him. He did the same **** in his thread and called two of us out, saying he was wheeling on private property. Funny thing was no one had mentioned anything about that. He never apologized, and he lost all respect I had for him. Funny he goes and does the same thing to some one else two days later.

This is real stupid.:rolleyes:
first= Dale lumped me in with his drunk wheelers post, I know he never said I was drunk/drinking, but compared my behavior with that of a drunk. and put the two of us together.

two= the dog pound fellars were the ones ill prepared and if you can explain where the bypasses are on the swamp trail, please do. the trail is not out lined well there and is over 100 feet wide for about 300 feet. We never drove up trees, there group was mad cuz they were stuck and we drove right through cuz we had big tires. so that makes us villians.:masturbanana[1]:

three= I wheel a toyota axled toyota with 38s on the trails, not my hillbilly truck. I do not run the busy backwards and havent since the clearcut. please dale explain when and what was I driving when you warned me of my direction on the busy.:corn:

four= your right you and jobless never mentioned anything about private land. it just struck me odd that you two took a break from this thread to come poke fun at hillbillies. I just thought that when you guys cant pick at the driving, oyu pick at the people. this kinda stuff dont bother me, it just seems you go out of your way to :stirpot: latey?

you have never wheeled with me or seen me wheel on public land. try to find someone that has seen me be irresponsible on the trail.:cheer:

the beer/drunk comment pissed me off cuz I dont drink. when I/we pickup after some of these dipshits on the trail it pisses me off. :mad:

Have you even ever been to reiter?

no, never have. Im too cheap to tow that far. it doesnt look like its gonna get cheaper to tow either:booo:

I just dont get it, if you drive on a stump at elbe you burned at the stake. if you blaze a new trail at reiter where ever with no impact study etc, its perfectly OK. I dont understand that part. I mean they are both DNR land, right?:awesomework:

As stated before, just ignore. I did not bother reading his post and you should not as well.