• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tree savers

muddpigg

Why is it so had to use a tree saver? Before anyone starts piss'n and moan'n treehugger, think about it.

If you kill the best anchors on the trail where will you winch to next time?

If you enjoy wheeling why piss where you eat. With all the trail closures what better ammo for tree huggers to use to get trails closed?

The straps aren't expensive, and setting them up doesn't cost that much time.

The 311 @ Evans has trees galore that are dead or will die from lack of proper equipment. This pisses me off more than waiting and waiting for some stuck stock truck that had no business trying a trail beyond their trucks capabilities and now is making my group wait.

Thanks for the moaning session.

Or just use a synthetic rope line instead of cable. I hate handling cable.:looser:

Oh sorry, AND a tree strap.:;

Why is it so had to use a tree saver? Before anyone starts piss'n and moan'n treehugger, think about it.

If you enjoy wheeling why piss where you eat. With all the trail closures what better ammo for tree huggers to use to get trails closed?

The straps aren't expensive, and setting them up doesn't cost that much time.

The 311 @ Evans has trees galore that are dead or will die from lack of proper equipment. This pisses me off more than waiting and waiting for some stuck stock truck that had no business trying a trail beyond their trucks capabilities and now is making my group wait.

Thanks for the moaning session.

It's the same on the busy. Last fall I saw three groups winching WITHOUT tree savers and I had to get on every on of them. No one person in their group had a tree saver so I had to show them how to use a strap as a treesaver. I just don't understand the stupidity either.

Just get a Flat Fender, then you won't need to winch

:redneck: :flipoff: Just kidding.

Actually, resource damage & vandalism, are the #1 and #2 issues with the private timber companies, in our area. If we could eliminate those issues, we would do ALOT for our relationship with land owners, and land managers alike.

extreme 4x4 was talking about them today too, apparently they didn't use one on a previous show and got called out on it. I'm not sure whether to :haha: or :rolleyes:

Furthermore when you wrap a cable around the tree and hook it on itself, that point is the weakest link in your setup. Much better to hook to known componets.

It is plain moronic to not use a tree saver, save your back, the tree, and your cable with less work while being safer...You are a total moron and work against every real off-road activist saving the trails and giving those that want to take your trails alot of ammunition to use right back against us...So friggin get smart, drop a few bucks on a strap and get with the damn program.

whew that needed to come out, I feel much better now...:awesomework:

Is there an actual Tree-Saver strap? I just use my little short tow strap that I've got out of the 4 or so different ones that I use....

Is there an actual Tree-Saver strap?
Yes.

I just use my little short tow strap that I've got out of the 4 or so different ones that I use....
I don't see a problem. True tree savers are wide and rigid so they spread the force better, but I don't see a regular 2 or 3 inch sling doing any damage to a tree.

As has been said, a tree strap does more than just save trees, it saves rope/cable, and it's just a safer way to tie off. Just use one.