• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Treps vs SX Sticky

tonybolton said:
Game just got changed....

17c7ca1af81f5346fc894c234fd3bada.jpg

Well Bygawd, the legend is true

LightBnDr said:
Isn't that what all irok owners say? Or pitbull owners? Lol. The more I wore dem thangs down the better they gots

But hey really, I run a set of those doodoo tires that Cole spread the rumor about so nobody would buy them here.

In all fairness I walked the left side of slab rock in the jungle at GMP twice at night. Along with walking helevator earlier that day.

So muddin, don't even. Lol

I think you happen to have a rig that just works really well ...... I also think it'd work better if you'd **** can those 42's and go with the 39's :popcorn:

I have to say, I was pretty damn impressed with the 42 reds on Bart Kelleher's red jeep at Harlan. It outshined most everything that day.

redneckengineered said:
A good friend of mine that I trail ride with just got some 42 Treps on his buggy so we'll have some head to head sticky 43SX vs 42 Trep trail reports before long.

Hell yeah, looking forward to seeing/hearing about this.

redneckengineered said:
A good friend of mine that I trail ride with just got some 42 Treps on his buggy so we'll have some head to head sticky 43SX vs 42 Trep trail reports before long.

I would love it if y'all could run a series of obstacles and then swap wheels and tires and run the same obstacles again with similar weather conditions (IE the next day or that afternoon)

this would eliminate hp, wheelbase, weight, and driving style factors

muddinmetal said:
It takes a trep forever to break in... Have his been on many rides yet?
Hey don't try to defend the suck of a Trep man

You peel the sticker off a red and them hoes is like glue baby

84mallcrawl said:
I would love it if y'all could run a series of obstacles and then swap wheels and tires and run the same obstacles again with similar weather conditions (IE the next day or that afternoon)

this would eliminate hp, wheelbase, weight, and driving style factors

I think hes talking about me - We cant switch tires and wheels unless one of us gets adapters. Mine is 5 x 5.5 and his is 8 lug.

It will be interesting to see the differences initially, after a few rides, and as they break in. His are already broken in a bit so I will assume that his will outwheel mine at first...but after that, I am betting that they are really similar and there will certainly be areas where mine shine and where his shine. I am keeping an open mind about it and will gladly give as much of an unbiased opinion as I can.

I also have a set of broken in 40" treps that I will keep on wheels and can easily do a test of the 40 vs 42 trep on the same buggy and same obstacle as long as someone helps me swap the set :rolf:

The buggies are different though. Wheelbase and weight are probably pretty similar...mine me be slightly lighter...but probably not by a whole ton. Cant me more than a few hundred pound difference at most. He has more motor than me by a decent bit.

Driving style....depends on how late into the night is is :****: :driving:

redneckengineered said:

I would have loved to see TN Mojo put on some 42" BFG's and watched you two go head to head on some trails. Now we have nothing to compare the two buggies by. Just my opinion. :driving:

1tfrot said:
and nitto won KOH :****:

I wouldn't be opposed to running a set of sticky nittos, but I don't have enough power to clean then out when it's sloppy out.

I've had nitto trail grapplers on the last 2 tow rigs I've owned and they cake up pretty easy.