• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tube lube??

I use that spray grease...have used wd-40 but I liked how the grease stayed there....makes a mess

I just use wheel bearing grease.

Yup most of the time that's what we'd use. next time I have my buddies bender over here it's getting a lube holder welded to the stand. It gets old having to bend over to grab the tub of grease only to knock your head on the fawking tube you're bending on the way back up. :haha:

Yup most of the time that's what we'd use. next time I have my buddies bender over here it's getting a lube holder welded to the stand. It gets old having to bend over to grab the tub of grease only to knock your head on the fawking tube you're bending on the way back up. :haha:

I lube mine :)haha:) before I slip it into the :)haha:) tool.

I lube mine :)haha:) before I slip it into the :)haha:) tool.

Well duh smearing in on the outside doesn't do a damned bit of good. :redneck:

But ya gotta have a place to put the lube when not in use and on top of the die is not a good place as we've found. :D

Damned bender is pneumatic and on on casters so it's always moving around. It's easy to weld a piece of 4" scrap exhaust pipe to the stand and be done with it. :flipoff:

I dunno---I thought setting it on the bench was easier :redneck:

Grease? thats nasty and messy. yuk. Fawk that mess.

I just use a can of spray lube. Either some stuff I get from a buddy that hangs garage doors, its track and chain lube and smells sweet and wipes off very easily.

Or just some liquid wrench.

works perfect.

My benches are covered in crap... :haha: I gotta get out there and finish finding them again damnit. :booo:

There is your problem--organizational skillz...

I have found the spray stuff is messier than anything because it leaves crap all over (be it missed shot or drips). You can get a large tub of grease real cheap at napa (I have a separate tub for tube). Regardless of what you use you will have to remove it so not one type of covering is going to be easier than the other to remove.

There is your problem--organizational skillz...

I have found the spray stuff is messier than anything because it leaves crap all over (be it missed shot or drips). You can get a large tub of grease real cheap at napa (I have a separate tub for tube). Regardless of what you use you will have to remove it so not one type of covering is going to be easier than the other to remove.

I tend to hold the tube in a verticle position when I spray the bend area. Then it runs down the tube not off the tube.

Thats some crazy rationalizing there bud. There is no way its easier to clean grease off a tube than simply wiping oil off with a dirty ol rag. I can wipe oil with the same rag for years. Grease will eat/ruin a rag in one or two wipes.

Do you purposely do things the slowest and hardest way you can think of?

Its like saying drying off your hands (=thin oil) is just as messy as wiping your ass (= thick grease).

I tend to hold the tube in a verticle position when I spray the bend area. Then it runs down the tube not off the tube.

Thats some crazy rationalizing there bud. There is no way its easier to clean grease off a tube than simply wiping oil off with a dirty ol rag. I can wipe oil with the same rag for years. Grease will eat/ruin a rag in one or two wipes.

Do you purposely do things the slowest and hardest way you can think of?

Its like saying drying off your hands (=thin oil) is just as messy as wiping your ass (= thick grease).

I have done it both ways and not one is diofferent than another. Dab of cleaner on a rag and its gone.

But try being an adult and understand we all have our own ways of doing stuff.

One thing I have also seen less of with grease is less galling of the follower over time since we are talking a friction bend.

Just some more food for thought..