• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tubes

The Luke

Anybody have any experience running tubes in their tars? My iroks leak like a mofo and I'm sick of wearing out my little 12v compressor every single time I want to move the Jeep. Also, what size do I need? These dang ag sizes make no sense at all.

39.5x13.50r17

I put a quart of slime in each of the rotten iroks on the gremlin and it fixed them. Aired them up to 20-30 psi and drove around a bit. They had big wet spots all over from the slime leakage, but I aired them down to 7 for the next ride and didn't touch them for over a year after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TBItoy said:
I put a quart of slime in each of the rotten iroks on the gremlin and it fixed them. Aired them up to 20-30 psi and drove around a bit. They had big wet spots all over from the slime leakage, but I aired them down to 7 for the next ride and didn't touch them for over a year after

X2 I ran slime in some H1s years ago and I couldn't even air them down. The valve stem would stop up. Had to remove it just to get lower pressure.

My old Trail Ready wheels had been broken and welded together so many times they wouldn't hold air. I grabbed some tubes from Tractor Supply and drill a hole for the valve stem, and ran them for several years.

My old silver buggy had tubes in 2 tires. Never had a problem with them. They were 42s, when to Farmers co-op and found closet to that size.

sleepsontoilet said:
My old Trail Ready wheels had been broken and welded together so many times they wouldn't hold air. I grabbed some tubes from Tractor Supply and drill a hole for the valve stem, and ran them for several years.
Maybe I'm just dumb... but couldn't you reuse the original valve stem hole?

So if I was to ever get new tires, that did not require tubes, I guess I could put two valve stems in? Otherwise, I could somehow plug the second hole.

Use slime and be done with it. I used it on my Krawlers. Worked great. When you break the wheel and tire down it rinses off with a water hose. Really not as bad as people make it out to be IMO.

We put slime in our backhoe tire and it didnt leak down. Took about a gallon for it to stop leaking. Thank God it was a front tire. It was however a nasty mother ****er to change the tire about 3 weeks later when it got cut. There was slime every where.

The Luke said:
So if I was to ever get new tires, that did not require tubes, I guess I could put two valve stems in? Otherwise, I could somehow plug the second hole.

Yeah just pull another valve stem in

or when you buy some inner air locks to keep the inner beads on, you'll have a valve stem hole already.

or if it's a steel wheel, just weld the hold up

or weld a bung in it to put an air compressor drain so you can air down fast (probably not an issue with an offroad only rig, but I did that back when I used to drive & wheel)

Or just use some slime and you'd be done already. It's not bad when you take the tire off, just a bit slimey...

TBItoy said:

That thing still leaves green spots on the garage floor! Other than one time I pulled the tire off the rim, I haven't had to touch the air in them. I keep thinking I'm going to have to op off the slime though!

Re: Re: Tubes

CarolinaCrawler1 said:
That thing still leaves green spots on the garage floor! Other than one time I pulled the tire off the rim, I haven't had to touch the air in them. I keep thinking I'm going to have to op off the slime though!

Dang I figured you'd have to have tires by now. Cords = traction