• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Tundra

a good friend of mine tows with a v8 tundra. he tows a 90 toyota on 38s with a full exocage. it tows good, plenty of power. it is 2wd and really sucks to get traction on mud or snow. we have to park it by the highway when we go to elbe if its snowing. other than the one wheel peel wonder if its gonna go on dirt problem, it works great. he owns a lawn/tree service and pulls a trailer daily when not pulling the toyota to the trails. he loves it. in fact he just had me build a heavier and bigger trailer for the bussines, and he said it tows better with more weight than the old lightweight trailer.:beer:

well I'm really interested in getting one. Now that my wife has a new job. I would like to buy a new one but a good used one would do.

They do awesome Joop, my dad has one and before i got my Dodge i used it to tow my heep around, passing people up stevens pass at 70mph and still gaining speed.

I liked the 6 speed tranny too and man its one hell of a powerplant

If you want a gas truck to tow with i would buy one for sure

like 13ish, i drove like normal most the time but there were a few times where i put the hammer down so i think that was pretty good considering:awesomework:

That towing??? What kind did it get around town or empty??

I have a 2007 with the 5.7 I have towed my brothers Rubicon over Chinnok Pass a few times this summer and I could not even tell it was back there. I get about 11mpg when towing and just under 15 around town. Have not really been on a long road trip yet to see what highway mpg would be. I also have a leveling kit and 275/70 18 Toyo MTs on it.

Mark

yeh I bet they have plenty of power. I think it was 375hp, 400+trq.

Something like that

He has thought about doing the TRD supercharger as well but is waiting for some reviews to pop up first

bumps the power up into the 500's for both:awesomework:

I like the truck and want one but now I have to weigh out the MPG.. Do I want a diesel which EVERYONE has or go for the gaser? The tundra's are nice trucks. You can get a pretty nice one for about $35 grand, loaded.. (quad cab).. Now a dodge with the same kind of features and your in the $50's or more. Same with a Ford..

I see some pretty nice ones on autotrader with all the features I want for $30 grand. 4x4, 5.7, quad cab, NAV, 6 Disc CD, MP3, wood overlay one the dash, leather seats. Just plain nice trucks. Plus its a yota and it'll run forever.. I may be a Jeep guy but I do own a toyota and bought it for a reason.

I stand corrected.:eeek:

my friends tundra is the older 4.7 v8. Im sure the new one has plenty of power (100hp more). he said his buddy has the 5.7 and it hauls ass, but gets less mileage. he says his 4.7 gets around 17-18. his buds gets around 13-14. he said the new tundra is a lot bigger and heavier. he also said it was like a cadilac compared to his older one:awesomework: very quiet and smooth. good luck, happy hunting:beer:

I have a 2007 with the 5.7 I have towed my brothers Rubicon over Chinnok Pass a few times this summer and I could not even tell it was back there. I get about 11mpg when towing and just under 15 around town. Have not really been on a long road trip yet to see what highway mpg would be. I also have a leveling kit and 275/70 18 Toyo MTs on it.

Mark

I like the truck and want one but now I have to weigh out the MPG.. Do I want a diesel which EVERYONE has or go for the gaser? The tundra's are nice trucks. You can get a pretty nice one for about $35 grand, loaded.. (quad cab).. Now a dodge with the same kind of features and your in the $50's or more. Same with a Ford..

I see some pretty nice ones on autotrader with all the features I want for $30 grand. 4x4, 5.7, quad cab, NAV, 6 Disc CD, MP3, wood overlay one the dash, leather seats. Just plain nice trucks. Plus its a yota and it'll run forever.. I may be a Jeep guy but I do own a toyota and bought it for a reason.

Not impressed...

I can tow FULLY loaded and still get better MPG than the tundra dry.......

Not impressed...

But how much did you rig cost new and what features do you have?

dont get me wrong I know the deisels get better MPG, but IMO the dodges are plain ugly. I like the new Ford's but I would have to sell a kid to buy one.

Not impressed...

We will NOT turn this into another my dodge thread! unless you have personal input about owning a tundra, towing and it's fuel mileage, your on the wrong thread.

HOOP, with the way gas prices are right now you can pick up a 3rd gen CTD in the low to mid 20s. 05-06 quad cab. I know i am off topic but you need to do your homework.:D