• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Turbo or Supercharger?

That same flaw is kind of the thing I like about them..... while you need power from the motor to work the supercharger, it is also working from idle. I, myself, want my "power" there from the get-go. If I am idling through something, and just need a little throttle, it is making power.

Of course, Boonie is asking for the sake of his 2.0L VW motor, not a wheeler.

Theres your first error. Farfrommoovin.

Anything high performance should be stock. Replace brake pads and tires only. Dont buy a ninja 250 when you want busa performance.

Turbo.

If I had the coin my jeep would get an SRT4 motor.

300+ HP out of a 4 banger should say something for turbos.

Theres your first error. Farfrommoovin.

Anything high performance should be stock. Replace brake pads and tires only. Dont buy a ninja 250 when you want busa performance.

Run what ya brung. It's like buying a toyota, when you could have bought a buggy....same concept...

That same flaw is kind of the thing I like about them..... while you need power from the motor to work the supercharger, it is also working from idle. I, myself, want my "power" there from the get-go. If I am idling through something, and just need a little throttle, it is making power.

I'm mean the power it takes to run the pulley can't be very much more than what it takes to run your A/C, The only difference is your A/C isn't making power for you:fawkdancesmiley: I don't need/want my motor to have to rev to 5k to get anywhere fast, I like low end torque and for daily driving a supercharger is much easier to deal with.:awesomework: Plus, being different, not many people with kraut-burners have a charger whine coming from under the hood.....unless their timing belt is tightened to tight.:haha:

Run what ya brung. It's like buying a toyota, when you could have bought a buggy....same concept...

WRONG. You couldnt afford a buggy, So you got a toyota.

Keep your dub stock til ya can afford a r32 or something. Stock badass performance cars will always be worth more than a modded rig.

Keep your dub stock til ya can afford a r32 or something. Stock badass performance cars will always be worth more than a modded rig.

WRONG. I don't have a toyota and I CHOSE not to own a buggy. Why not put an R32 motor in my golf, that way it'll be faster than the R32 for 5 times cheaper. I will be able to go just as fast as a stock R32 with this supercharger and the rebuilt motor I plan to build and STILL get better gas mileage than the R32 ever THOUGHT of.:haha:

I think this is where people get confused or one-sided... "Why don't you just get the biggest baddest thing out there and be done." IF this were the case I should be shoe-horning one of the new 'vette motors in my car, to be "factory badass":looser:

Last edited:
WRONG. I don't have a toyota and I CHOSE not to own a buggy. Why not put an R32 motor in my golf, that way it'll be faster than the R32 for 5 times cheaper. I will be able to go just as fast as a stock R32 with this supercharger and the rebuilt motor I plan to build and STILL get better gas mileage than the R32 ever THOUGHT of.:haha:

I think this is where people get confused or one-sided... "Why don't you just get the biggest baddest thing out there and be done." IF this were the case I should be shoe-horning one of the new 'vette motors in my car, to be "factory badass":looser:

Seems to me your endorsing turd polishing:puke:

I will laugh. Soon enuf. Go buy yer turbo or huffer and blow yer shitcan. Simichrome works good.

Depends on use.

Burst power like wheelin or drag racin? Blower

Roll on power like towing or desert racing? Spinners, maybe even twins.

have you drag raced your truck against a truck that was not supercharged of the same vintage and size??? If you say you did and won you are a liar, I worked for nissan when those came out and as a lot boy I did more than a few drag's and the super's were slower by a bit:fawkdancesmiley:

no i havent but i have a different pulley on it the sujpercharger now has 11 psi flowing through it that is what woke the supercharger up

Oh but how I loved seeing the look on those freaks when i passed through the traps befor them in my Honda civic. :fawkdancesmiley: 11.01@130mph was my last pass befor selling it. Sorry but superchargers may lack the lag that Turbo's have but they also have a large flaw. The fact that they need displacement to get the charger going. Turbo's... any good hooker can get one spooled up. :haha:

you still did it in a civic:puke: no matter what the intake preference, you need to adjust your vehicle preference.

nobody has brought up the fact that a super is alot simpler than a turbo. less plumbing, less heat, and heres the biggy= you would look pretty stupid with a turbo sticking out the hood!

and if a turbo feeding a blower is not cool, then why do almost all good air compressors (tools) have two stage pumps? one cylinder feeds the other at a high volum/lower pressure, then the other feeds the tank with high pressure/high volume if I am correct.:corn:

I kind of agree... but not totally. I would much rather have (for example) a Camaro SS, over a stock Camaro that has had add-ons to get it to the same level as the SS. I hope that made sense.... :eeek:
Seems to me your endorsing turd polishing:puke:

Sometimes it is a must. We aren't pulling in 60k salaries. I guess in this case, it is pretty much just like fabricating/modding. I just did a SAS on my Toyota, I guess I just LOVE turd polishing. :rolleyes: Should have spent several times more having my custom buggy built. :flipoff:

I guess if he pulled it off, and it got even marginaly less performance than a stock R32, but for somewhere around 5 times less, then.... is that bad?

you still did it in a civic:puke: no matter what the intake preference, you need to adjust your vehicle preference.

Well it wasn't any normal Civic. Built by English Racing Motorsports, it was fitted with a 4G63T, Eclipse GS trans, Garrett T3/T4, FMIC, MAF translator, blah blah blah. Long story short, its a civic with a eclipse/Evo drivetrain (minus the AWD of course) My vehicle preference has been changed. Im now leaning towards getting a MR2 Turbo. I've had nothing but problems with every honda i've owned. So, staying with Toyota is what i plan on doing.

Picture101.jpg

Picture116.jpg

It's not a bad looking car. Does it really say Hyundai on the intake...? :eeek: :shaking:

It sucks that you have had problems with your Hondas. I am a Toyota guy, myself. But I have a lot of confidence in Honda, as well. My family has owned a few over the years with good luck. I have a 2000 Accord that I just recently got the first tune up done on (at 140k) :awesomework:

nobody has brought up the fact that a super is alot simpler than a turbo. less plumbing, less heat, and heres the biggy= you would look pretty stupid with a turbo sticking out the hood!

and if a turbo feeding a blower is not cool, then why do almost all good air compressors (tools) have two stage pumps? one cylinder feeds the other at a high volum/lower pressure, then the other feeds the tank with high pressure/high volume if I am correct.:corn:

Read one of my earlier post, I said that they're simpler.:; Maybe not in so many words...:eeek:

BTW:

R32 = 240hp (CURB WEIGHT = 3409lbs) (14.2lbs/hp)

My 2.slow "goal" = roughly 200bhp (curb weight - 2511lbs) (@ 200hp = 12.5lb/hp)

I guess a supercharger on a polished turd is a bad idea...:booo:

Last edited: